Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some better component speakers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some better component speakers?

I currently have a set of focal 165v1 ... their polyglass 6.5" components. They sound good, clear and crispe... but I feel they lack midbass and that "full" sound. I really want a pair of speakers that are not only going to have the great clarity and full sound, but want them to get loud and be able to stand alone when I take my subwoofer out for trips. I'm open to all suggestions, but would like to keep it under 300 for a set. Any suggestions?

300 what? , $, , , etc

I am very happy with my DLS UP5, they go as low as 60Hz and up to 2000Hz.

You could also go for a different location for your sub.
    Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
    my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

Are your Focals just installed in the factory locations with no other modifications? If this is the case then I would be willing to bet that a lot can be gained with simply improving the installation and keeping the speakers that you have. Are they installed in the doors or in kick pods? What has been done to the doors if that is where they are?
      Data911 M5 system
      RR and iGo8PC
      Pioneer head unit
      Pioneer DEQ-9200 digital processor
      Phoenix gold line drivers
      Ultimate and Visonik amplifiers
      SMT 3 way active front stage
      Digital Design sub woofers
      3 runs of 0 gauge wire

Comment

Oo yeah sorry american $$. As for the location, yeah they are installed in the doors. The doors have sound deadner.. but thats all thats done. They are installed in a 2002 wrx sedan.

Comment

Havent heard these yet but have seen good reviews about them form some users. look very good for the price. http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQG-6_5_comp.htm
          147.9 on TL @ 44hz so far.... it will do a 150
          http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...bmw/carsig.jpg

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAINBOW-SLC-265-...1|293:1|294:50

Awesome speakers great highs tons of midbass

Comment

orr these mids(much much better than ones in the previous post) http://cgi.ebay.com/Rainbow-Germaniu...1|293:1|294:50

and these tweeters-http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=541

You'll need to get a crossover if you go this route. But I think it would sound phenomenal

Comment

I've always been a fan of the Infinity Kappa Series. I had a set of the older ones in a previous car of mine and loved them and I bought the new ones for my current car but they aren't fully installed yet.

Comment

I enjoy the kappas too but He's looking for something with more midbass, the kappas dont have much midbass. Alpine Type R's can be had for $130.

Comment

I'm a lifetime infitiny supporter.. but DLS components are the best speakers i've ever heard by far. Rainbows are nice to just harsh in the high range.
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Rainbow, DLS, Morel, CDT, Diamond Audio...all of those are a step up from Focal and around your price range.

Comment

So let me ask...... are Alpine component speakers any good? I was thinking of getting their R-Type Series which is 110 RMS. I was trying to stay Alpine because I am getting their PDX series Amps.
                        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

alpines are nice too. Not at the SQ of the others mentioned above... but alpine car audio has ALWAYS been rock solid in my book.
                          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                            alpines are nice too. Not at the SQ of the others mentioned above... but alpine car audio has ALWAYS been rock solid in my book.
                            Thanx for verifying that..... I want something loud, but not so loud that I hear it 5 blocks away.
                            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Personally if you're coming from Focal, I think you will be disappointed with Alpine.

Comment

Working...
                              X