Anyone used a kinter amp with usb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used a kinter amp with usb?

I am working through some ideas and found a kinter MA-150 amp that appears to have RCA inputs, and speaker outputs as well as an additional USB port for charging devices. Since I am looking to use my Windows Mobile phone to run my system the USB power could be extremely helpful. I realize I will need a secondary set of speakers to have my stock radio run and this at the same time and I thought this might be an option.

Thoughts??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/500W-USB-2-CH-St...3A2%7C294%3A50

Beware of Kinter and similar amplifiers

Kinter is trying to sell a small 2 x 8.5W amplifier marked 500W. I have recently opened one of these amplifiers and I found a SANYO LA4508 integrated power amp inside.

See datasheet:
    javascriptpenreq('http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/LA4508.pdf')

This amplifier is actually specified for 24VDC and gives only around 2 x 3W at 12V.

After what I can see there are other brands with similar products looking almost alike the "Kinter 500W". I doubt that there is any big differance inside.

Regards
    Bjorn

Comment

Originally posted by AcEngineer View Post
      Kinter is trying to sell a small 2 x 8.5W amplifier marked 500W. I have recently opened one of these amplifiers and I found a SANYO LA4508 integrated power amp inside.

See datasheet:
      javascriptpenreq('http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/LA4508.pdf')

This amplifier is actually specified for 24VDC and gives only around 2 x 3W at 12V.

After what I can see there are other brands with similar products looking almost alike the "Kinter 500W". I doubt that there is any big differance inside.

Regards
      Bjorn

wow, thanks for taking the time-- i always ahd a hunch that they werw cheap, but had no idea that they were that cheap-- do you have any idea how they arrived at the 500watt spec?
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
        do you have any idea how they arrived at the 500watt spec?
        They lied.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          They lied.
          Well that was blunt, LMFAO.......
          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Maybe the manufacturer mistaken the 50W it was suppose to be for 500W ???

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
              Well that was blunt, LMFAO.......
              You expected anything less?
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                They lied.
                Yeah, they probably did. The 500W is never mentioned as an actual power rating. It is just a part of the product name, which is very misleading. However in the specs they say 2 x 75W rms and even that is a big lie. On the product itself the terminals says: 12V and .5A . If I calculate the maximum power that I can put into the amplifier it is 6W ! And that corresponds very much to what I get if I feed the amplifier with a sine wave just before clipping. They are probably surviving of the fact that most people are not engineers of electronics. And the engineers are building their own amplifiers, so they are not the buyers.

Comment

Working...
                X