Pci riser cards, what to use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pci riser cards, what to use?

So like the title says, what kind of pci riser card is best for sound cards?

I am using a Intel D945GCLF, and my mounting location has a maximum height of 2", so any sound card must be mounted on the same plane as the mother board.

I have been using this: http://www.comix.com.tw/products/RC/392.jpg

but have recently run into a problem where havving the riser card plugged in will not allow the system to post. as soon as I plug the sound card directly into the mobo pci slot, or unplug the whole thing, it will boot fine.

If no one has any solutions to correct this problem, I will be looking for recomendations on a usb sound card.

Thanks!
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

That riser you have is a good solution. There really isnt any reason why it wouldnt post other than a defect in the riser. I am guessing cheap ebay/china buy right? It should just be a 1-1 extension of the PCI port. So if you plug it in, nothing should happen. If something happens when you plug it in (i.e. no post), then there is a defect in it somewhere.

I would just order another of those and hope it is not faulty.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
    X