Sound really quiet from left side?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound really quiet from left side?

The other day my mate and I were in my car listening to music when he thought that one side of my car was louder than the other. So we listened to each speaker and sure enough, one side is louder .

I then unplugged the 3.5mm jack from the PC and tested it with earphones. It was clear that the left earphone was extrememly quiet and the right side was normal.

Not really sure on what to do :S.

I am outputting music from the integrated sound card on the GA-8S661fXM-775 motherboard :http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...ProductID=1842

Is it dodgy driver or something simple like that? or is it more serious?

Thanks
    JM
    Car: Ford Focus
    Currently stock setup. Trying to decide on the best setup for me.

What speaker settings is Windows set to? Have you tried the latest software/driver? Different programs?

Comment

Originally posted by zillacles View Post
      What speaker settings is Windows set to? Have you tried the latest software/driver? Different programs?
      + not sure if the board has it, but check the balance settings in the setup software, it might have gotten bumped at some point.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Ok, I will try these. I'll go get my PC out the car and set it up in my house (be easier :P)

thanks for the replies

Comment

sorry, didn't look at the OP, it could have some thing to do with your amp settings(in the other topic you posted), so before you go too far, repair that problem first.

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

but that doen't explain why the earphones do the same thing :S

Comment

/retracts previous post/

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

windows is set to desktop stereo speakers. I also tried stereo headphones still with no luck.

I updated to the latest sound driver, no change.

Balance is in the middle, if I move it left it goes quite only playing from left side. If I move it right it's loud and only playing from right side.

thanks for help, keep the ideas coming
                JM

Comment

Under the speaker driver software, there are option to make the input jack and mic jack into speaker outputs. I never got this to work with the older version I had, I don't know if I'll have more luck with the latest version. But atm I have one output, which is split into 2 to go into the amps to inputs. Will it work if I try and make another output?

Comment

Working...
                  X