Sony xplod HU over heating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony xplod HU over heating?

So my buddy helped me for a bit yesterday to get the CD player (sony Xplod) hooked up in my boat....but now the back of it gets pretty damn hot (hot enough to burn me if I touched it..... Options:

1) the old am/fm radio that was in there had a much smaller fuse so maybe its getting hot because of that...
    Fix: replace fuse with bigger fuse

2) the old radio didn't need a as much power so the new radio is trying to pull to much power from the helm.
    Fix: run power back from the battery

3)the old radio had all seperate "possitive" wires fo the four speakers but the left and right side speakers shared a "negative" wire.... on the new radio this might be creating to many ohms and causing to much resistence causeing it to heat up.
    Fix: run seperate "negatives" for each speaker

4) a few people said that the back of the radios do get hot and not to worry about it, espesially the sony's. (however it burn me when I touched it so im thinkng that maybe its too hot.)

Any ideas?

with newer radios, they are more sensitive to the way they are hooked up-- you will need to run separate + and - wires to each individul speaker, this should cure the heat issue.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
    X