Factory amp's harness to new amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory amp's harness to new amp

is that possible to use the factory stuff on the low watt amps?
    "You know what I mean? But at the end of the day, it is what it is." - The most articulate thing someone could say.

Absolutely. If you are replacing the factory amp with an aftermarket one because you can't interface with the factory stuff, yes. If you want to replace it so you can get more power out of the system then you should run new wires. Just be sure you know what you are hooking up to as far as the factory wiring (impedance, factory crossovers, etc). Myself, I like to interface with the factory amp equipment when possible as it is matched to the factory speakers and often has built in equalizers to make the cheap factory stuff sound pretty decent.
    ** Denotes an "in car" post
    In-Car posts made from passenger seat - Be safe, Don't Post and Drive.

Comment

reword

Originally posted by walky_talky20 View Post
      Absolutely. If you are replacing the factory amp with an aftermarket one because you can't interface with the factory stuff, yes. If you want to replace it so you can get more power out of the system then you should run new wires. Just be sure you know what you are hooking up to as far as the factory wiring (impedance, factory crossovers, etc). Myself, I like to interface with the factory amp equipment when possible as it is matched to the factory speakers and often has built in equalizers to make the cheap factory stuff sound pretty decent.
      What I meant was, is it possible to use the power from the harness of the factory amplifier to the 400w amp that I just bought or do I have to run that 8 guage wire to it from the battery. I'm scared I might start a fire or something but I feel like I will have a less chance of alternator whine if I use the factory amp's power harness.
      "You know what I mean? But at the end of the day, it is what it is." - The most articulate thing someone could say.

Comment

Run a new power wire from the battery. The factory amps wiring will not supply adequate power for an aftermarket amplifier. Also I would not run anything less than a 4 gauge wire, it's a waste of time and money.
        Data911 M5 system
        RR and iGo8PC
        Pioneer head unit
        Pioneer DEQ-9200 digital processor
        Phoenix gold line drivers
        Ultimate and Visonik amplifiers
        SMT 3 way active front stage
        Digital Design sub woofers
        3 runs of 0 gauge wire

Comment

MR. m2-atx

Originally posted by thewizard View Post
          Run a new power wire from the battery. The factory amps wiring will not supply adequate power for an aftermarket amplifier. Also I would not run anything less than a 4 gauge wire, it's a waste of time and money.
          and what about the m2atx can it share a line with it?

Comment

Yes it could.
            Data911 M5 system
            RR and iGo8PC
            Pioneer head unit
            Pioneer DEQ-9200 digital processor
            Phoenix gold line drivers
            Ultimate and Visonik amplifiers
            SMT 3 way active front stage
            Digital Design sub woofers
            3 runs of 0 gauge wire

Comment

the M2-ATX can use just about any of our extra power drops. The one I found that worked good was under the passenger dash. It has a constant, an Ignition based on key position, and a ground. It is also fused individually for 15-amps.

Comment

Working...
              X