Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to eliminate HU but have FM radio + carputer

Hey everyone,
    I've been searching around here and other sites looking to see if there is a way to eliminate my HU all together.

I have a 2003 gmc sierra 1500, with a double din radio. i have a generalized direction I would like to follow with regards to my carpc. I honestly just want it for movies, radio, mp3s, iphone updating, gps, and if possible integration of my iphone. I have most of the basics with me such as hdd, mobo, processor, etc. I have a 7" screen already modded to fit my opening in the truck and its a beauty, i dont want a HU at all. and for now i'll be using my stock speakers and an aftermarket amp.

How would i go about eliminating my HU and getting FM radio to be controlled by my carpc....

any help would be greatly appreciated and i'm sorry if this topic has already been covered.

Chris

The Directed or Visteon HD tuner and Mitch's cable is all you need. I have the directed version and it works great. It cost me less than $60 total package. I'm running this configuration and I have a 4ch amp for my front and rears. I'm using the factory amps for my subs.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/user...les-ready.html
    Click for my projects
    2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Deric View Post
      The Directed or Visteon HD tuner and Mitch's cable is all you need. I have the directed version and it works great. It cost me less than $60 total package. I'm running this configuration and I have a 4ch amp for my front and rears. I'm using the factory amps for my subs.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/user...les-ready.html
      +1 for the Directed HD tuner w/ Mitch's cable.

Comment

another happy Directed HD tuner +mjs cable user. Amazon usually has it for less than $60. You can get lucky and get it really cheap on ebay.

Comment

cool thx guys, that seems to be the direction i'm going to go! i'm so stoked about this.. i wish finances were where they needed to be lol i'd be done yesterday!

Comment

+1 Visteon...
            CarPc
            Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

Comment

where can i get 1 of these in the uk searched all over no luck or just ott prices

Comment

Ebay...
                openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                - Always Recruiting Developers -
                Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Worldwide shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Direc...fAudioQ5fVideo

Comment

kross you lifesaver what can i say but thank you thank you thank you

what an excellent price as well wohoo gonna buy 1 now then order the lead

once again thanks

Comment

with the exchange rate it cost me 50 odd quid delivered from the us .

will definately be worth it for the radio quality

im chuffed

Comment

If you don't get mitchjs's cable, you can still use the radio standalone, plugged into your amplifier or line-in on your computer, using the controls that come with the radio. Of course, being integrated in RR or CF is really the whole point, so you'll want the cable, too.

Comment

I chuffed my quid once... no bueno.

lol, couldn't resist

Comment

Working...
                          X