---RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono
    1800W x 1CH
    ----RMS power, 1 ohm mono
    1000W x 1CH
    ----RMS power, 2 ohm mono
    600W x 1CH

----RMS power, 4 ohm mono
    300W x 1CH

Now my Amp has 2 sets of speaker outputs (A/B), i assume they are wiried in parralel internally.

i purchased the amp a mono D block because i wanted to run the system at 2ohm load and wire it like this

Thinking that my amp would run 600rms x1 @2ohm divided by 2 because I'm using to subs i would be right were i wanted 300 RMS to each sub. Now i open the amp and see it has 2 sets of speaker outputs i really have no idea how to wire this.

should i just use one of the speaker outputs and wire it like the diagram posted above??

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    -Brian

Look at your owner's manual. Just because it has two sets of outputs does not mean it's stereo. It's simply offering you the ability to have things in parallel at the amp instead of at the subs. Wire them like you see in the crutchfield pic, but use the + from one set and the - from the other.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/SAZ1000D_1500D_3000D.pdf

see page 7 for picture of your amp and setup.

Comment

so i would still be running at a 2 ohm load wiring it like this correct?
      Attached Files

Comment

if you hook both those subs to the same lugs, or if the amp bridges those terminals itself, then yes it would be 2ohms. before you ever turn anything on, its always a good idea to test those leads with a multimeter. the ohms should read very much right at 2ohm, or 4ohm each sub.

Comment

I agree completely with trader007, always test everything and anything with a multimeter first.

For the readings, remember that "4 ohms" and "2 ohms" are nominal specifications, meaning actual readings may differ slightly. Don't be surprised if your final load reads 1.7 to 3 ohms (most likely 2.0 or lower).

*Another good trick to test things without the risk of breaking anything, is to use a small battery (AA or something) to test the wiring to make sure the voicecoils are all wired in the same phase.

I.e., instead of the amp, touch the wires to the ends of the battery while looking at the sub. If + is to + and - is to -, the cone will move outwards. Both subs should move identically forward if wired "in normal phase".

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix750 View Post
            *Another good trick to test things without the risk of breaking anything, is to use a small battery (AA or something) to test the wiring to make sure the voicecoils are all wired in the same phase.

I.e., instead of the amp, touch the wires to the ends of the battery while looking at the sub. If + is to + and - is to -, the cone will move outwards. Both subs should move identically forward if wired "in normal phase".
            never really thought of that trick. thats pretty slick, i like it.

Comment

Working...
            X