no sound help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no sound help!

ok so i just got everything hooked up but no sound is coming out of my speakers

i got rid of the radio so i wired the remote turn on for my amp into my M2 atx 160w psu and the amp is turning on, but im not getting any sound. my guess is that its either a ground issue or a speaker issue but i cant figure out which one

for testing i only wired up 2 speakers and have my amp set on 2 channel mono bridged
    help would be great

also forgot to mention that i am using a usb sound card

Comment

What type of amp are you using? Are you sure the amp is turning on? Is the computer setup to use the USB sound card, and the output is not muted? Ir you are using any audio processing programs, do you have the audio signal routed, and to the right output?

The more details you can provide the easier it will be for anyone to trouble shoot.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Start by hooking up headphones to the sound card output. If you get sound, then it's an amplifier turn-on issue. If you don't get sound, it's a PC configuration issue.

Comment

tried out the headphone thing sound works..

what do you mean amp turn-on issue? i know my amp is turning on.. when the pc comes on a couple seconds later the power LED for my amp lights up. im new to this whole thing so if you could enlighten me that would be awesome.. thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
            What type of amp are you using? Are you sure the amp is turning on? Is the computer setup to use the USB sound card, and the output is not muted? Ir you are using any audio processing programs, do you have the audio signal routed, and to the right output?

The more details you can provide the easier it will be for anyone to trouble shoot.
            its a rocksford fosgate 400w amp. the sound card is setup i made sure everything was setup before i put it in. i have my RCA routed according to the manual for my 2 channel mono bridged setup with 2 speakers hooked up. theyre plugged into the fronts. pretty sure its turning on since the power LED is turning on

edit: im actually starting to think its the RCA cable i used
            http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1181832400224
            i tried going the cheap route here. should it still work or no?

Comment

Originally posted by mm87 View Post
              for testing i only wired up 2 speakers and have my amp set on 2 channel mono bridged help would be great
              Is this a configuration you've done before, and you know works? If not, how about trying something simple, like the normal, 4-channel configuration, and just use the front speaker connections for the inputs and outputs, leaving the rear connections unused for now.

Originally posted by mm87 View Post
              edit: im actually starting to think its the RCA cable i used
              http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1181832400224
              i tried going the cheap route here. should it still work or no?
              That cable is fine. Cheap route? $13 isn't cheap, this is:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Comment

i was just going by what the manual called for since i have no actual radio

Comment

Check your ground cabling. It may need readjusting. That was exactly what happened to me and my Camry...
                  Also, check your speaker cables for proper wire connection. And your RCA cables while you're at it.
                  Right now, I have sound coming from the rear only. And I feel it has something to do with the fact I used AM speaker cable instead of the Rockford Fosgate cables that I used for the rear.
                  All systems are a go...
                  Currently in "tweaking" mode.

The Worklog

Comment

Working...
                  X