X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Shuts Off?

Amp - RockFord Fosgate Bd1500.1
    Subs - 2 12s W3V1

anyone have any idea why it shuts off? i wired it to 4 ohm...

bad ground? shorting/loose power wire? shorting/loose remote wire? pushing the amp to hard? incorrect gain settings? aliens?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

I vote for aliens
      "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
      "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
      [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

what does shorting means? it could be loose power wire i gotta give that a check tomorrow...it only shuts off when i turn it up loud for a while and the amp gets really hot..and thats when it shuts off

Comment

Originally posted by JdmFinest View Post
          what does shorting means? it could be loose power wire i gotta give that a check tomorrow...it only shuts off when i turn it up loud for a while and the amp gets really hot..and thats when it shuts off

shorting= like in the movies, when there is a loose power wire, and it goes bbbzzzzzzttt, as it hits the other wires...

otherwise, you are pushing the amp too hard, have the gains set wrong, or have the speaker setup for the wrong resistance, so the amp is going into protect mode.
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
            shorting= like in the movies, when there is a loose power wire, and it goes bbbzzzzzzttt, as it hits the other wires...

otherwise, you are pushing the amp too hard, have the gains set wrong, or have the speaker setup for the wrong resistance, so the amp is going into protect mode.
            x2, or it's in an area where there's little ventilation and its just over heating.

Comment

Working...
            X