Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine MRP-F450 vs MRV-F407

Hi,

Just wondering which is a better amp in Terms of sound quality, I know the MRP-450 is a Class D Amp but don't know what Class the MRV-F407 is. If anyone knows i'd like to know.

I have read from the specs that the MRP-F450 uses PWM, so does that mean it is a Class D since class D Amplifiers use PWM?

Thanks.

um, the 450 is a a/b amp(i think i have that one--and i don't think that alpine ever made a class d fullrange amp in that specific casing): http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRPF...ures_and_specs

i believe that the 407 is also a a/b amp, mostly because, as far as i know, the pdx series is alpines try at a class d fullrange amp.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Hi,

The thing is about the MRP-450, on the alpine website it says that it uses PWM. Now I thought only Class D amps used PWM, making me believe the MRP-450 is a class D amp.

Thanks.

Comment

could you post a link for where it is listed as PWM? i went through the manual and could not find any info on that.

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

http://www.alpine.com.au/products/pr...sp?modelID=250

Have a look around that page on the specs it says PWM.

Comment

ah, i see, i was looking at the US site-- that model# was discontinued in the US, so there is not much more than the manual available online...

i can definatly see how that would be confusing--- according ot the specs-
            Originally posted by alpine site
            DC-DC PWM Power Supply
            i don't know much about pwm power supplies other than that they are supposed to be more efficient than standard amp power supplies, but it should not really affect the sound

(disclaimer/technicality: audiophiles will want to note that it will change the sound, as any change in the way that the power is delivered to the audio transistors is going to subtly change the audio qualities of the amp, but it will not be enough to notice, or cause any issues with the amp--it might not even be measureable)

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
            X