carpc to amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpc to amp

hi i just wanna know will this thing work fine with carpc setup directly to amp without head unit http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-2-0-Video...#ht_3547wt_939
    thnx in advance

That device is for recording video to your computer, so no it wont work. You are looking for a usb soundcard.

Comment

thanks

Comment

and even a sound card will need to be amplified...
        openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
        - Always Recruiting Developers -
        Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

I'm wondering will i need amplification if i'm using spdif out to amp?

Comment

No...but make sure the amp has an spdif in (its rare and expensive)
            openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
            - Always Recruiting Developers -
            Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

i have kenwood kac m645 amp http://au.kenwood.com/Car_Entertainm...fiers/KAC-M645 it worked with rca to 3.5 mm lead but the only thing which annoys me is popping noises.... i m using carnetrix 2140 to power dell optiplex sx270....

Comment

Im using 3.5mm to rca with a kenwood amp similar to the OP and I have no popping issues with my carnetix 2140 psu to a mac mini. Do you hear the popping all the time or only during certain times?

Comment

all the time.... what are the settings of gain on ur amp..??

Comment

poppping would'nt be the gain.. unless your hearing the pop sound on louder output. If its popping in low volume I would steer towards weak connection either in low input(s) RCA's or the output voltage is lower than amps min requirments. Remember that headphone outs (ipod, PC, in general usually have >0.4v max output. I would start @ looking at your amplifiers specs and see if it can handle very low input.. A perfect match would be min input range of 0.2--8V, if yours is 2v min as most.. then I would suggest a line driver or connecting an Ipod and see if the problem persists. This can help eliminate the PC end so you have a general idea of where to start the troubleshooting. if it srtill pops is amp or wires if it disapears then its the PC outs. Hope this helps.
                    Did it.. Done it... now I got to keep the neighbors kids away!!

Comment

@above....
                      thanks for ur valuable suggestion. i ll try this.

Comment

Working...
                      X