No announcement yet.

Choosing a head unit

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a head unit

I will use the headunit as an amp for my PC, as well as listenning to radio. I have also a sub in my car, so it would be nice to have a separate Sub out with level and low pass adjustments in it. In addition to this I guess I need a line in for the PC connection?

EQ's and other functions aren't really needed as I will be using them on my PC rather than the head unit. Any recommendations for a head unit that could take care of these, preferably in under 100 range used, or new?

Google, please
    There must be bazillions of options for you to choose from.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

id go with a brand name headunit that has 4v preouts.... and aux input. other then that, just buy what you think looks cool or seems good. hard to go wrong...

there is no perfect brand. whatever works great for me in that price range, might be so horrible for you, that you yell things that shouldn't be said around children .

for instance, i love pioneer units because the audio settings are easy to get to, and hate alpine because their settings are so hard to get to, but i have talked to plenty of people that curse pioneer, and swear by alpine, or some other brand...

the best thing that you can do is to go to a local car electronics store, and try out everything in your price range, and find the one that works best for you.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided