Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will a head unit bought in america work in australia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a head unit bought in america work in australia?

im thinking about purchasing a Pioneer DEH-P4100UB online from america because they are around half the price. my only doubt is if it will pick up the radio stations over here. apart from that i cant think of any reason why it would not work. does anyone have any idea about this type of thing?
    thanks

If you can tell me what frequencies your most listened to stations are over there, I can tell you if it is within range of the tuner, being that I have a couple of them in vehicles in North America. I would hazard to guess that tuners would be the same, but this should confirm it.
    Data911 M5 system
    RR and iGo8PC
    Pioneer head unit
    Pioneer DEQ-9200 digital processor
    Phoenix gold line drivers
    Ultimate and Visonik amplifiers
    SMT 3 way active front stage
    Digital Design sub woofers
    3 runs of 0 gauge wire

Comment

i want to say that austrailia is fine, but england is not....

according to this quick list of austrailian radio stations, i am going to say that it is fine--the US uses similar station frequencies.

http://www.adonline.id.au/radio/sa.php
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by thewizard View Post
        If you can tell me what frequencies your most listened to stations are over there, I can tell you if it is within range of the tuner, being that I have a couple of them in vehicles in North America. I would hazard to guess that tuners would be the same, but this should confirm it.
        hey thanks for the help. the lowest FM frequency would be 97.3MHz and the highest would be 106.9MHz. do you think they would be within range for the tuner?
        thanks

Comment

then i do believe that it should be fine (US is something like 88.1-108.*)
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Oz is 88.1-108 same as the US
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Should be fine since it fits your range and it tunes to the odd numbered tenth (100.1, 100.3, 100.5, etc). If Australia tuned to the even tenth, like I think some European countries do (100.2, 100.4, 100.6, etc) then you wouldn't be able to use it.

Comment

Don't forget to allow for southern hemisphere e-spin (& Coriolis - water anti-clockwise down sinks like our high-pressure weather systems).

For AussieLand:
                Frequency Range 88-108MHz
                Channel Frequencies 88.1...107.9MHz (200kHz spacings)
                Deviation 75kHz
                Pre- emphasis/De-emphasis 50 Ásec.
                Stereo Channel Subcarrier Frequency 38kHz
                Pilot Frequency 19kHz

And forget the e-spin crap.... (though the sink & weather system stuff is true).

Comment

MHZ differance

If I recall USA radios have 9MHZ tuning and Australia has 10mhz tuning some radios will do both automaticaly some you need to find a switch. Do a web search or go to there web site.

Comment

Working...
                  X