• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummer H2 2008 NEED EXPERT ADVISE AND Wiring diagram please

hI GUYS ANYONE PUT A AFTERMARKET CAR PC & MONITOR/FM RADIO

IN A H2 HUMMER 2008 MODEL SE

HAS THE FACTORY NAV RADIO WITH REAR CENTER CONSOLE CONTROL PANEL

CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT AS WELL AS FACTOR ROOFMOUNT DVD UNIT WITH WIRLESS HEADPHONES PLUS BOSE AMP MADE IN MEXICO UNDER REAR CENTER CONSOLE

SPECIFICATIONS

1x Car PC intel dgl945cf 1.6 dual cor atom 2gb ram 500gb hdd Centrafuse Frontend

1x HQCT ea amp/dbtuner

1x Car PC Aus 6.5 inch touchscreen monitor combined am/fm analog radio 6.5 inch double din

dual av composite inputs 1x vga input rear rca pre out for amp

secondary dual battery mounted under rear chasis behind petrol tank in custom made fabricated box

battery isolator system

front usb camera

USB Slot loading DVD unit in center console

REAR 7 inch head rest screens with 6 stacker DVD system Mounted under seat

XBOX 360 Gaming Sytem Mounted under Rear seat

240v to 12 volt Inverter under rear seat

rear parking sensors mounted in rear bar with rear vdu camera system

front parking sensors in front bar

tyre pressure pro monitoring system

elmscan OBD11

I HAVE LOCATED THE BOSE AMP UNDER THE CENTER REAR CONSOLE OEM MADE IN MEXICO LOOKS LIKE IT RECEIVES LINE LEVEL CANT BE SURE,

I HAVE INSTALLED A PAC GM420 INTEFACE MODULE I GET THE BELLS AND ACCESORIES AND ALL IS WELL, BUT WHEN I CONNECT UP THE RCA TO THE UNIT NO SOUND, I AM GUESING ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VOLTAGE ON THE LINE LEVEL FROM THE HEAD UNIT.

hOW IS THE FACTORY BOSE AMP SWITCHED ON VIA 12V REMOTE TRIGGER OR A AUDIO SIGNAL ? AND IF IT IS SWITCHED VIA TRIGGER WIRE WHERE IS IT LOCATED AND WHAT VOLTAGE IS REQUIRED ?

1. SHOULD I JUST IGNORE THE WHOLE AMP SCENARIO AND PUT IN MY OWN AMP AND ONLY RUN THE 4 SPEAKERS AND NOT THE SURROUND BACKS AND CENTER SPK

2. SHOULD I WIRE THE 2ND PRE AMP HQCT EA AS A PREAMP BOOST INTO THE FACTORY BOSE

3. THERE IS ALL SO A FACTORY ROOF MOUNT DVD SYSTEM THAT I HAVE TO CONNECT INTO AS WELL

WHAT A NIGHTMARE

I AM SO CONFUSED

PLEASE CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH GUIDANCE OR A WIRING DIAGRAM

YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

THANKYOU

Wazza

ouch, loud noises, and morning don't mix.... (i think your caps lock is stuck on-- which is interpreted as yelling)

i can't find any info on aftermarket radio harnesses for your truck, so, i would rip it all out and start fresh, though that might mean not using the rear controls, and dvd audio, unless you can figure out which wires they are...
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
      ouch, loud noises, and morning don't mix.... (i think your caps lock is stuck on-- which is interpreted as yelling)

i can't find any info on aftermarket radio harnesses for your truck, so, i would rip it all out and start fresh, though that might mean not using the rear controls, and dvd audio, unless you can figure out which wires they are...
      How did he get away with it, normally the forum will automatically make it lowercase.

I agree with soundman98. Take all the old crap out and start fresh. The rear controls can maybe be reintegrated my modding them to work with a joycon or something. DVD audio can be run through a second sound card, a cheapy one you can get for 7.95. I bought one for my rear seats and a small amp because 6 people using headphones will lower the sound for each one that is connected, the amp fixes that. You have an SUV so its very hard to get all the media aspects going. Mine has taken almost 3 years to get right.
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

To amp or not to Amp (Sorry about the Caps Lock all fixed )

Sorry Guys about the Caps , my keyboard is stuffed just bought a new one
        thanks for the help , i have a slight problem its a customers car so i dont have the luxury of striping it down we fit car computers and this is the first hummer i have had to tackle here in Australia

i did however locate the 4 speaker wires from the factory amp
        so i am thinking along the lines of running the Hqct ea amp 4x 45w to the factory Bose speakers in the door
        wiring it in this scenario

car pc 3.5 headphone jack out to rca input front and rear on Aux Hqct Ea, then out of the Hqcte Ea speaker level
        4x speakers direct to OEM wirring loom to Bose speakers
        i believe this will work

then i will use Aux 2 on the Hqct Ea for the Dvd Audio or should i use a seperate 2 channel amp again or the wirless headphones that came with the car they are bluetooth so not sure how to get the audio working on them
        I do all so have a AV1 audio & Av2 input spare on the Front dash Monitor could i route the roof mount DVD screen audio this way

i will ignore the back surround speakers and the center channle because i dont believe the Hqct Ea can handel 6 speakers
        do you think this will work ok
        Sorry about all the questions just trying to get a efficent and reliable soloution so i can get this hummer out of the workshop
        i will post up some pics when its all done
        all your help much apreciated

cheers
        Wazza

Comment

have you solved your problem I might help

Originally posted by wazza View Post
          hI GUYS ANYONE PUT A AFTERMARKET CAR PC & MONITOR/FM RADIO

IN A H2 HUMMER 2008 MODEL SE

HAS THE FACTORY NAV RADIO WITH REAR CENTER CONSOLE CONTROL PANEL

CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT AS WELL AS FACTOR ROOFMOUNT DVD UNIT WITH WIRLESS HEADPHONES PLUS BOSE AMP MADE IN MEXICO UNDER REAR CENTER CONSOLE

SPECIFICATIONS

1x Car PC intel dgl945cf 1.6 dual cor atom 2gb ram 500gb hdd Centrafuse Frontend

1x HQCT ea amp/dbtuner

1x Car PC Aus 6.5 inch touchscreen monitor combined am/fm analog radio 6.5 inch double din

dual av composite inputs 1x vga input rear rca pre out for amp

secondary dual battery mounted under rear chasis behind petrol tank in custom made fabricated box

battery isolator system

front usb camera

USB Slot loading DVD unit in center console

REAR 7 inch head rest screens with 6 stacker DVD system Mounted under seat

XBOX 360 Gaming Sytem Mounted under Rear seat

240v to 12 volt Inverter under rear seat

rear parking sensors mounted in rear bar with rear vdu camera system

front parking sensors in front bar

tyre pressure pro monitoring system

elmscan OBD11

I HAVE LOCATED THE BOSE AMP UNDER THE CENTER REAR CONSOLE OEM MADE IN MEXICO LOOKS LIKE IT RECEIVES LINE LEVEL CANT BE SURE,

I HAVE INSTALLED A PAC GM420 INTEFACE MODULE I GET THE BELLS AND ACCESORIES AND ALL IS WELL, BUT WHEN I CONNECT UP THE RCA TO THE UNIT NO SOUND, I AM GUESING ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VOLTAGE ON THE LINE LEVEL FROM THE HEAD UNIT.

hOW IS THE FACTORY BOSE AMP SWITCHED ON VIA 12V REMOTE TRIGGER OR A AUDIO SIGNAL ? AND IF IT IS SWITCHED VIA TRIGGER WIRE WHERE IS IT LOCATED AND WHAT VOLTAGE IS REQUIRED ?

1. SHOULD I JUST IGNORE THE WHOLE AMP SCENARIO AND PUT IN MY OWN AMP AND ONLY RUN THE 4 SPEAKERS AND NOT THE SURROUND BACKS AND CENTER SPK

2. SHOULD I WIRE THE 2ND PRE AMP HQCT EA AS A PREAMP BOOST INTO THE FACTORY BOSE

3. THERE IS ALL SO A FACTORY ROOF MOUNT DVD SYSTEM THAT I HAVE TO CONNECT INTO AS WELL

WHAT A NIGHTMARE

I AM SO CONFUSED

PLEASE CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH GUIDANCE OR A WIRING DIAGRAM

YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

THANKYOU

Wazza

Comment

Working...
          X