alarm on car amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm on car amp

how do i fix my amp the alarm light is on when i turn the power on i got the amp of my brother and it worked perfect in his car how do i fix it

get a new amp? with the limited amount of info, it is hard to tell.

how is it connected, what is the beginning load of the speakers, what is the load the amp sees, what power wires are connected, how are they connected, and where is the car computer, are just some of the questions that i have
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

i have my amp hooked up to my sub i have two subs and to amps i have the rca's bridged and i have 14 gauge while i have my main power running from the battrey and my other power from the head unit and the earth to the body of my car it is hooked up like a normal amp is and its 800 watt amp

Comment

1) Try using punctuation when you type... makes it a a lot easier to read.

2) Check the polarity of your power wires.

3) Are you using the same sub as your brother? Check the ohm load that your subs are creating - could be out of range for the amp.

4) What do you mean by "the rca's bridged"

5) Also I see you are a new member - There is a lot of knowledge on these forums, but also just keep in mind that these forums are centered around CarPCs.

Comment

it is the same amp that was in my brothers car and i have the rcas running from the output of the other amp

Comment

Need more info:

Lest start with the basics

What is the Brand and Model of the amplifier?

What is the Brand and Model of the subwoofers?

Comment

its optional audio amps and sony explode subs

Comment

what is the model number for the amp?

what is the model number for the sub?

we are willing to help just need as much info as possible

it almost sounds like you have the sub connected wrong, or the sub is blown, but without more info on the setup and resistance in the setup, it is hard to tell..

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

its like saying "I have a Chevy and it won't start. whats wrong with it?"

Comment

i think we scared him away... to bad, it looked like he could have used a carputer to complicate the install...

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                      i think we scared him away... to bad, it looked like he could have used a carputer to complicate the install...
                      Yea seems to be that way... maybe by installing a carpc the amp problem would get resolved!

I don't see what is so hard about supplying the needed basic system info. It is probably an ohm load issue, but without getting the specs on the amp and subs there is no way to confirm that and give him a way to solve it. His loss.

Comment

What bugs me the most is the he probably went away from this thinking that the mp3car forums are a bunch of stuck up jerks... Not that I am not a jerk, but most people here are better than that..

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

I don't think we were "jerk-ish" at all. We were just trying to get the info we needed to answer the question. The fact that every time we asked him a series of questions and he responded with a short one line answer that only covered part of 1 question asked doesn't make us the bad guys.

Anyway... it doesn't really matter bc he didn't have a carputer in his ride anyway that we know of so that takes it out of our realm of knowledge.

"My speakers don't work"
                          "How is the CarPC hooked up?"
                          "I don't have a CarPC"
                          "Well, then I have no idea whats wrong. If it had a CarPC somewhere in the mix I would be able to diagnose it for you, but without a PC I'm just lost on this one."

Comment

hah, try the car audio form over on layitlow.com, at first sign of any questions as vague as this topic would instantly trolled and filled with useless sarcastic comments with no sign of any real help in the future lol, which is why iv wondered slowly over to this side of the interwebs =)

Comment

sorry boys but i was away for the weekend i just got back the sub is a thousand watt i dont no the serial number and the amp is an 800watt i have a computer in the car i own a vn calis commodore

Comment

Working...
                              X