Capacitor and AMp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacitor and AMp

i fix capacitor and amp in the trunck, now i want to move amp under the driver seat,
    because in my country the temperatures goes to 48to55C.

is there any problem if i move it.

Originally posted by KAPIRANI View Post
    i fix capacitor and amp in the trunck, now i want to move amp under the driver seat,
    because in my country the temperatures goes to 48to55C.

is there any problem if i move it.
    If it works ok in the trunk without overheating issues, it should do just as well if you move everything under the seat as long as there is no direct sunlight. The capacitor helps less with maintaining power delivery the further from the draw source. I assume if the line isn't that long from the trunk to the passenger seat from the capacitor that it won't be an issue unless you're really close to the wattage limit that the capacitor can give for your amp. Unless the capacitor is under 1f, and the amp is over like 800watts I don't think that would be an issue either.
    2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS CARPC(99%)
    Software: Ride/Road-Runner, Digital FX skin 5.x, iGuidance 2011, GPSgate on Win7 64bit

Comment

Some cap issues were discussed recently in another KAPIRANI thread. (And nobody has responded to counter my - or support their - claims therein... Yet again.)

Although a cap is inferior to a small and cheaper battery (low ESR like AGM), having a cap (or AGM) remote from the load makes it even more useless.
      Its filtering function effectively only makes up for cable losses from the battery/alternator during peak demand. Distance it with cable from the load and you replicate that problem.

The other issue of inadequate supply or slow alternator is a lesser issue - especially if a 2nd battery is substituted for the cap. The battery will stay at near 12.7V far longer than a cap. And if someone can show that a capacitor holds more charge above the loaded battery voltage than the battery's own surface charge, I may publicise dynamic results of capacitors for sound systems. (Nobody seems game for the dynamics - they are still stuck on a static low-ESR!)

PS - moving into the cabin means much a better battery environment due to lower temperatures. AFAIK, Sonnenschein gel-cells are the only reasonably available battery to endure such high temperatures. High temp lifespan is one situation that can favour a capacitor over a battery. (But when new AGM batteries cost <$40.......)

Comment

Originally posted by OldSpark View Post
        Some cap issues were discussed recently in another KAPIRANI thread. (And nobody has responded to counter my - or support their - claims therein... Yet again.)

Although a cap is inferior to a small and cheaper battery (low ESR like AGM), having a cap (or AGM) remote from the load makes it even more useless.
        Its filtering function effectively only makes up for cable losses from the battery/alternator during peak demand. Distance it with cable from the load and you replicate that problem.

The other issue of inadequate supply or slow alternator is a lesser issue - especially if a 2nd battery is substituted for the cap. The battery will stay at near 12.7V far longer than a cap. And if someone can show that a capacitor holds more charge above the loaded battery voltage than the battery's own surface charge, I may publicise dynamic results of capacitors for sound systems. (Nobody seems game for the dynamics - they are still stuck on a static low-ESR!)

PS - moving into the cabin means much a better battery environment due to lower temperatures. AFAIK, Sonnenschein gel-cells are the only reasonably available battery to endure such high temperatures. High temp lifespan is one situation that can favour a capacitor over a battery. (But when new AGM batteries cost <$40.......)
        its overheating in the trunk therefore i want to move it in under the driver seat,
        the distance from trunk to driver seat it almost one/half to two meter distance.
        my amp watts is 1200 watts and attached 2 woofers.
        today my amp is very overheated because todays temp is 42degree C.

Comment

So what's closer - re-routing your power to the alternator/battery, or to the cap in the boot?

As per the earlier thread, caps are usually a waste of money.
          And as I asked, what about something like 96x25x62mm or 96x48x55mm (approx 4" x 1" or 2" x 2" to 3"). If that can fit, you probably solve your cap problem.

Comment

So what's closer - re-routing your power to the alternator/battery, or to the cap in the boot?

As per the earlier thread, caps are usually a waste of money.
            And as I asked, what about something like 96x25x62mm or 96x48x55mm (approx 4" x 1" or 2" x 2" to 3"). If that can fit, you probably solve your cap problem.
            Quote--
            i attached the snaps for your reference,please check and advice.
            unquote
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne613 View Post
              If it works ok in the trunk without overheating issues, it should do just as well if you move everything under the seat as long as there is no direct sunlight. The capacitor helps less with maintaining power delivery the further from the draw source. I assume if the line isn't that long from the trunk to the passenger seat from the capacitor that it won't be an issue unless you're really close to the wattage limit that the capacitor can give for your amp. Unless the capacitor is under 1f, and the amp is over like 800watts I don't think that would be an issue either.
              its overheating in the trunk therefore i want to move it in under the driver seat,
              the distance from trunk to driver seat it almost one/half to two meter distance.
              my amp watts is 1200 watts and attached 2 woofers.
              today my amp is very overheated because todays temp is 42degree C.

Comment

Yep - that cap looks MUCH bigger. What brand & model is it?

Is the alternator also in the trunk (=boot)?
                And is there a battery in the boot?

Comment

Yep - that cap looks MUCH bigger. What brand & model is it?

Is the alternator also in the trunk (=boot)?
                  And is there a battery in the boot?
                  Brand is BM audio capacitor 2.5 frad.

Comment

Working...
                  X