Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quility Sound

Hi All

l'm a noob in the carpc world...i would like to know how i would be able to get the best Quility sound out of my Car pc to my car speaks and sub...because i like to pump it out

Thank you

Research.
    Search sites for info relevant to your instance - preferably that suit the acoustics of your vehicle.
    Etc.

Or - maybe, and in the right forum - provide details of what you have (car, music type, hearing impediments), what you want (distortion, SPL, base), whether you will do the work, what budget, etc.

Comment

sorry about the short question.

I drive a peugeot 407 coupe and my car pc is running a epia M10000 Board with 160w m2-atx...I have a mono block to power my Sub and at the moment all my car speakers are connected to the original Head unit...i will be keeping my original head unit but what i want to do is run all my sound from the car pc to the amp and then amp to the speakers....i've spent well over $3000 because i do want to be heard from a far distance..i know my motherboard has a 5.1 sound but i want something even better something thats going to make it very clear and loud

Comment

I would recommend reading anything you can find on car audio, and start spending time at car audio shops deciding what speakers you want.

Clear and loud doesn't come cheap so be prepared to spend money

not sure if you want clear and loud all the way around or just loud subs, but I would recommend looking into using active crossovers for louder sound

(iPhone post-- have trouble typing, so kept it short and sweet, if you want to know more, let me know...)
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Look into a USB DAC. Probably the best audio quality for the buck... I own a Fubar DAC myself... cost 300 with the power supply but the best audio I've heard so far from a computer! As a bonus it has a 2v RMS output... this is easily 1 - 1.5v higher than any USB/PCMCIA/Low end PCI Card... so you dont have to crank the GAIN on your amps

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69can View Post
            Look into a USB DAC. Probably the best audio quality for the buck... I own a Fubar DAC myself... cost 300 with the power supply but the best audio I've heard so far from a computer! As a bonus it has a 2v RMS output... this is easily 1 - 1.5v higher than any USB/PCMCIA/Low end PCI Card... so you dont have to crank the GAIN on your amps

i considered those at one time, but i would need 3 of them, and $900 is a lot to spend on some dac's.. my preamps, and audio card altogether were about $400..

but otherwise, audio quality is so subjective, i don't know if it is a problem with the speakers, amps, or sound card that he is using, or he could even need a preamp..

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Why would you need 3? are you trying for true surround in your vehicle?

I have mine y-split into 6 channels from the 2 on the DAC.... 4 run front and rear, 2 more go to a "Line Driver" which then feeds my subwoofer amp.. Excellent sound quality compared to my old Audigy2 PCMCIA Card..

The issue with the majority of sound cards is low Output voltage... this forces you to turn up the GAIN on your amplifiers.. GAIN basically is amplifying input signal voltage (input signal is audio from your sound card and all the RF noise down your RCA's)...

so if your working with a Low output voltage to begin with... this is a weak signal generally with bad audio quality and all your doing is Amplifying the weak signal (and possible RF noise) and in turn sounds worse... you can turn down the gain but then your system cannot go as loud.

This is why 99% of aftermarket head units have normally a 2v rms RCA output, high end decks have 8v! outputs

Comment

i run a active 3-way setup, and use the computer to process the audio using audiomulch, and some karmafx plugins. so i need 5 outputs-- tweeter, mid, and summed output for the sub...

to get around the low output voltage of my esi gigaporthd, i am using 4 jl audio cl-rlc 8v preamps-- with remote mounted volume knob. 3 are tied to the gigaport for main volume control, and then the 4th is used as a sub level adjustment.

i have tried crossovers on my amps and other active crossovers units, but just don't like being fixed into a setup until the next time i have time to run between the drivers seat and the trunk, and change x-over points, hence the reason for my car computer.

i also had a problem with being limited to only 18db/oct crossovers, and most amps only having 12db/oct crossovers-- it is not a sharp enough slope for me.

i can change crossovers on the fly at red lights, and have more eq bands than i know what to do with...(my current setup, with 5 crossovers, 2 level adjustments, and 1-32 band eq only brings my cpu to 8-10%usage, so i have lots of room to play with-- like adding 3-32band eq's )

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                X