Home speakers in a car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home speakers in a car

This may seem a bit weird or "welfair" but idc i have 2 home stereo speakers in my house and i want them in my car but idk how many ohms they are. the speakers are from my parents aiwa cx-nmt520. If you can please let me know how many ohms the speakers are and what i would have to do to put them in. Thanks

You will not get anyone on these forums who will recommend using home speakers in your vehicle.

As far as the ohm rating of the speakers, that should be in a label or in the specifications of the speakers.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Haha well these speakers ended up being amazing! Better then 6x9s and better quality. If you want home speakers in your car do it sounds amazing! No need to spend 100$ on 6x9s when I have home speakers that sound better

Comment

Meh, there are high quality automotive speakers, and low quality home speakers. One is not inherently better than the other.

The biggest problem you'll run into is most home speakers are 8 ohm, and most automotive amplifiers put out the most power at 4 or 2 ohms. So you'll only be getting half (or one quarter) the amount of power the amplifier is capable of putting out.

Comment

Originally posted by kross View Post
          Meh, there are high quality automotive speakers, and low quality home speakers. One is not inherently better than the other.

The biggest problem you'll run into is most home speakers are 8 ohm, and most automotive amplifiers put out the most power at 4 or 2 ohms. So you'll only be getting half (or one quarter) the amount of power the amplifier is capable of putting out.
          power yes, but the clarity in a higher ohm setup is improved because the amp has a finer control over cone movements, and output freq... everything in audio is give and take...
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
          X