Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic sheet in door

HEy guys when you install dynamat etc..

do you guys put back the OEM plastic sheeting that is between the door and the door trimmings?

depends on how you decide to do it..

while, i haven't done any dampening in my car yet(it took me 2-3 years just to get new speakers!), so take it with a grain of salt..

the sheet is to keep water in the door panel, instead of getting inside the car-- so if you have any large gaps in the dampening material, it could allow water to collect in the door panel..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

makes sense - i guess it will be a stayer!

thanks soundman!

Comment

The plastic sheet is a vapor barrier just like in a house to keep condensation from getting into the cars interior. It's usually in the winter when the outside is colder than the inside, but also when a/c is on in the summer. While your in the door make sure the drain holes are clear. Hope this puts a little light on the subject for you SNO

Comment

it does eh... thanks for all of your advice!

Comment

keep in mind your expensive speakers also protrude into the door. so those nice plastic or foam speaker enclosures are nice. may add some more years to your speakers.

they also work very well as molds for making fiberglass sort of boxes or enclosures for door speakers or components.

Comment

Working...
            X