Problem with new EQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new EQ

I've been using a USB Creative Sound Blaster (not the Xfi version) setup that feeds directly to my factory amp. Sound wasn't that great. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but the sound was lacking for sure.

I bought an inexpensive passive EQ and I thought there probably isn't a need for the USB SB anymore. So I hooked directly from the motherboard audio to the low level RCA EQ inputs.

Sound is much improved, but I seemed to have lost my ability to control volume. I use the computer's sound control via the RideRunner interface. Even if I turn the volume down to 0, I still get the same level of sound. What am I doing wrong?
    ---------------------------
    Dan from Minneapolis
    1999 Volvo V70R
    Jetway J7F2WE2G, USB Creative Soundblaster, RoadRunner, Holux BT GPS, 3M Capacitive Lilliput, etc.

if you can still control it in windows, it is a rr issue. try one of the other volume control options on pg2 of the general options.

if you still have issues only in rr,(windows works fine) you might need to post in the rr forum-- what i posted above is my extent of rr knowledge...
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Right on the money. I just needed to restart RR and Winamp. Thanks.
      ---------------------------
      Dan from Minneapolis
      1999 Volvo V70R
      Jetway J7F2WE2G, USB Creative Soundblaster, RoadRunner, Holux BT GPS, 3M Capacitive Lilliput, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X