mounting a 12 disk CD changer in a 98 ford Taurus SE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting a 12 disk CD changer in a 98 ford Taurus SE

hey i traded my uncle a computer for a 12 disk CD changer where would the best place to mount it be in the trunk of a 98 ford Taurus SE

it is a jvc ch-x1100 if you are wondering

thanks

you could take out the spare tire and put it under there, other than that there's not much room, only free spaces are the back left by the radio tuner underneath the carpet or under the back right carpet where the fuel pump cutoff switch is. or did you want it out in the open? in which case it probably doesnt matter where you put it.

Comment

just curious. are you installing this with an aftermarket jvc head-unit?

Comment

Originally posted by weirdo557 View Post
        you could take out the spare tire and put it under there, other than that there's not much room, only free spaces are the back left by the radio tuner underneath the carpet or under the back right carpet where the fuel pump cutoff switch is. or did you want it out in the open? in which case it probably doesnt matter where you put it.
        it has to be out of the way so it wont interfere with using the trunk i try'ed to see if it would fet in those areas and it don't

just curious. are you installing this with an aftermarket jvc head-unit?
        no just the factory radio for now its cheaper to install this then it is to install a aftermarket head unit i do need to get the antenna cables to run to the remote box tho

Comment

the factory radio is a pain in the *** to interface with. it uses fords proprietary acp protocol. you can buy an expensive PIE adapter that mimics a cd changer and lets you use an aux in, or you can roll your own with a microcontroller to emulate the commands. this is such a pain in the *** you have no idea, i tried, ended up cutting the amp and splicing relays to switch an aux cable directly into the amp chip, muting the radio. this jvc will not just be a plug and play solution without specifically supporting the taurus.

Comment

the factory radio is a pain in the *** to interface with. it uses fords proprietary acp protocol. you can buy an expensive PIE adapter that mimics a cd changer and lets you use an aux in, or you can roll your own with a microcontroller to emulate the commands. this is such a pain in the *** you have no idea, i tried, ended up cutting the amp and splicing relays to switch an aux cable directly into the amp chip, muting the radio. this jvc will not just be a plug and play solution without specifically supporting the taurus.

yea the factory radio is a pain. wow that sounds like a lot of work.

this one plugs in to the antenna hook ups all i have to do is spend $30 on the 2 antenna cables and hook it to the fuse box and i will be good to go

antenna plugs in to one wire and the other wire go's in to the radio

Comment

ahh, i see. well that looks like a nice changer, the jvc ch-x1100rf, not just the jvc ch-x1100. the other ones manual showed it connecting to a jvc head-unit. well that one looks fantastic. should be a fairly painless install, you might even be able to tap onto the tuners power supply if you felt like it.

Comment

Working...
              X