Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carputer with two amps - speaker wiring and tune?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carputer with two amps - speaker wiring and tune?

I have my carputer and amps up and running. Powering them is not an issue, I was able to figure that out on my own. however with just a 3.5mm jack, how do I hook up the RCA's from a 4 channel amp (4 speakers) and a mono amp (subwoofer)? Also once it's wired, how would I tune it so it actually sounds good? Am I going to need a USB soundcard or some other device?

I have a carputer in a mini itx box, it has two RCA plugs up front, but when I connect speakers to them, I get no audio so I have been using the 3.5mm jack (headphone jack). But now that I have two amps, how will this work?

thanks

just use y-adapters to split the audio to the different amp inputs.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Yeah. Just use splitters as long as your ok with just 2 channel audio (Left and Right). But if you want more then you may need a usb sound card (Not recommend) or a expansion slot based sound card only if what your using can't be configured to more channels. Also the RCA ports I believe just plugs into the front panel audio header on your motherboard. If so it may not be plugged in or it is currently configured to not operate. Or it just may not work at all.
      Originally posted by Lincolnman
      Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

Comment

yeah I currently have it connected with Y splitters but the the quality of the sound isn't very good. I was thinking like a 4.1 usb sound card. 4 speakers and a sub. What do you guys think?

Comment

So are you trying to get fade and balance?
          An onboard card would probably be better again but would be interested to hear how you go with a usb card..

Comment

You haven't told us what ITX board you are using.
            You might just have to load the correct audio driver for the on-board chip so that the full features like redirection of microphone and line-in plugs for the extended 5.1 outputs can be done.
            VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator
            Build 90% Apps 50% Install 10%

Comment

I'm not even sure, I bought it used off of craigslist. Sorry I'm a newb when it comes to this, this is the same case that my carpc has:

Comment

So are you confident enough atleast to open the case and have a look at the motherboard to see if you can find a part number ?
                VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator

Comment

Yeah I'll take a look when I get home. I remember going through the control panel and it said Realtek HD Audio Sound Card, not sure if that is helpful but I'll pull a part number later today.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Yeah I'll take a look when I get home. I remember going through the control panel and it said Realtek HD Audio Sound Card, not sure if that is helpful but I'll pull a part number later today.

Thanks for the help

Comment

ok so it's in Intel d945gclf2

Comment

Well, I do use Realtek and I happen to like it a lot. There is a possibility that your correct drivers aren't installed. I've found that if you don't the os just takes over and it sound like crap. But when they are installed it sounds crisp and clear with all of the frequencies. There is a possibility that It could be the software your using. I know Centrafuse is a little tricky to tune just right.
                        Originally posted by Lincolnman
                        Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

Comment

i 'think' i have one of those (repurposed home pc now, haven't looked at it in a while). there used to be a lot of complaints about the onboard audio quality-- a usb card might be the next best option.
                          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                          carpc undecided

Comment

I agree . Check the drivers first. When you have the wrong one it sounds like crap. Was about to buy a new sound card then realized I had the wrong driver (was not allowing all features for 5.1). I installed the driver from the supplied cd(instead of the windows online installed one(even it is wrong when choosing)) and it sounded way better.

Comment

The Intel d945gclf2 has the 3 audio connectors (Mic, Line IN, Line OUT) on the back panel.
                              As it has the ALC662 audio codec it can retask these connections for 6ch sound but you may lose your Line IN depending on if you want to use separate Front & Rear OUT.
                              Here is the link to the board specs for you to check out...
                              http://downloadmirror.intel.com/1696...ProdSpec02.pdf
                              Goto the audio section and read there then install the audio drivers from the supplied cd as suggested by jvrokka and you will be able to configure the back panel connectors for your 2 amps + the centre&sub if you want later.

Comment

Working...
                              X