Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicker CompVR 12" like new but makes weird sound.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicker CompVR 12" like new but makes weird sound.

I just recently got a CompVR 12" Kicker 4Ohm DVC - http://www.kicker.com/compvr_aluminized

hooked up to an Alphasonik PMA300HCA 2-Channel amplifier -
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...PMA300HCA.html

I have it hooked up bridged in parallel. (+ to + from amp to speaker and - to - from amp to speaker and connected + to + and - to - on the speakers' other voice coil).

The problem - the sub makes a crackling/static/feedback noise when played. It doesnt get louder or follow the engine noise it just almost sounds as if the speakers about to go Is there anything anybody can tell from the post I am doing wrong or could somethin else cause this? Need better RCA's or something? I'm just hoping its not the speaker, it appears to be in great shape, still looks new. Thanks

push down in the middle of the cone-- if it scrapes/scratches, then the voice coil is probably separating. this is exactly why i don't like buying used audio equipment...
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Well it doesn't make any noise when I push down on it so im not sure. It may just be the sub or maybe feedback or something somewhere. When it hits hard you can't hear it, I don't know if that means anything or not.

Comment

Does it sound like the sound is actually being produced from the sub or does it sound like something physical like something is actually scraping or rattling?
        Originally posted by Lincolnman
        Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

Comment

It sounds like it's being produced via feedback or from the amp or something but it seems to be getting worse. I don't understand it.

Comment

Then there's a possibility that it could be your amp or you might just be picking up some nasty interference somewhere in the lines.
            Originally posted by Lincolnman
            Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

Comment

do you have any other amps installed?
              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
              X