No announcement yet.

factory -> mono, quick 1 day of audio setup needed

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory -> mono, quick 1 day of audio setup needed

Long story short, 5+ hour combined trip Saturday, not enough screws to screw the wires into the 2 sets of speakers on the amp, need at least some audio for the ride. I don't care how bad it will sound as come Sunday, I'll have time to fix it, get parts, make it right, etc...

Previous owner, 2 subs wired as mono to amp, so screws are in speaker1+ and speaker2- right now.
    If I have 4 + and 4 - wires (1 +/- set a piece for front r/l and rear r/l), should I just connect all 4+ to the speaker1+ and all 4- to the speaker2-? Front/Rear/Right/Left should have no affect on mono setup, right? This should work for just the day I need it to I hope...
    Current Worklog: TBA - '05 Rav4 (Mobo Dead). - Forums for Rav4 owners - Cooking website/forums
    -Basic forums live atm, come contribute!

it's not that easy.

at the very least, the only setup i can comfortably recommend is to connect the + of the first speaker to the amp, and then connect the - to the + of the next speaker, and continue until the last speaker, where you can the - to the amp again.

it will be quiet, but will work without blowing anything up..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided