No announcement yet.

Android Tablet 3.5mm to 5 channel amp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Tablet 3.5mm to 5 channel amp?

Has anyone used their android tablet running honeycomb 3.1 for their music player? I want to use my A500 tablet, 3.5mm wire convert to RCA and run into 5 Channel amp. Have 2 10's, 2 6x9's and tweeters in front. Any amps you may think will work well for this setup?

Has anyone does this? What did you think of the sound? I orginally was going to use a PC but these tablets are so much easier.

Just get a 5.1 amp that auto-mux's so that even though you're providing one input it splits it with crossovers to all outputs. I have a HiFonics Zeus ZX8000 5.1 in the classified section right now that will do this FYI.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

just remember-- while your device is different, the audio is no different then anything else with a headphone jack. just connect it using splitters to all the amp inputs, or use a amp like what sonic recommended, and it should sound fine.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Thats good my thinking is correct. Now the fun begins, all the custom work. More research to do!

Comment

Or you could minimize wires and use the bluetooth A2DP to connect to the amp like I do.

Sent from my ultimate Galaxy Tab using tapatalk ...and I'm probably in my car : )
          "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
          Recent Proj
          Old Proj II
          Old Proj I
          YouTube:Project Videos
          Homepage: HexxWorld.net
          Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Comment

Originally posted by hexxamillion View Post
            Sent from my ultimate Galaxy Tab using tapatalk ...and I'm probably in my car : )
            hopefully not while driving!!

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
              hopefully not while driving!!
              LOL! No that is just the signature from the tapatalk android app.. I don't text and drive. My post was sent before I pull off from work
              Recent Proj
              Old Proj II
              Old Proj I

Comment

Originally posted by hexxamillion View Post
                Or you could minimize wires and use the bluetooth A2DP to connect to the amp like I do.

Oh Oh, you just gave me another way to spend more money! Never thought of bluetooth. That will be perfect for what I want to do!

Thanks!

Awesome... what unit do you use to do that? I am searching but not finding what you are talking about. I like that idea...

What do you use to do convert the blutooth to the amp?
                Last edited by Enforcer; 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

The bluetooth device is a scosche ubrt or something like that..I have the details in my thread.

So I connect the bluetooth receiver to my mini amp. My tab connects to the blutooth receiver. My phone is paired with it also but the tab and phone cannot be connected at the same time..drawback with that specific receiver.

I am satisfied with my hook though. I will be looking to enhance features now that I have core components installed and working.

<<< Sent from my android phone..wishin it was my tab >>>
                  Recent Proj
                  Old Proj II
                  Old Proj I

Comment

To start off, i am very new.... First post here.

I plan to build a Galaxy tab into my dash, I already have the tab and the replacement bezel required to replace the stereo in the 2009+ Mazda 6's, I was just really lost as to how to get it all hooked up play through the existing sound system. I have the stock speakers, and I will eventually change them, but the tab/head unit swap comes first...

I plan to have the bezel hinged in some way to make the tab relatively easy to slide in and out, but that is going to be easier for me than the transmission of sound into the car. So from this thread I gather that i need to purchase an amp that auto mix's, and that is all that is required to get the best sound quality out of the tab? So I can run a wire from my 3.5mm jack, split it into an RCA cable which then runs into the amp and it will be good quality?

Please bear with my noobish-ness haha. I am by no means a stereo guy, more of a mechanical guy.

Comment

you really don't need a amp that auto-mixes-- you can use y-adapter cables to perform the same duty(radioshack usually sells them for $2-4 ea-- you would need 2). usually there isn't much of a difference in price in models that have it and ones that don't, but just in case you locate one that has it, but is more expensive, you'll know you don't 'need' to spend the extra couple bucks..

otherwise, correct on the other stuff.

next project? subaru brz
                      carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                      X