Boss 4 Channel Mosfet Bridgeable Car Audio Amplifier help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss 4 Channel Mosfet Bridgeable Car Audio Amplifier help needed

I got a Amplifier a week ago and it is giving me no protection ,no powerlight.
    Just The Boss Logo is having light.Plz i need help.Anybody know what is the problem.

It happened when i was driving my car and listening song in a hot day and when i checked the amp one fuse was blown.After changing that fuse no power.Before it was ok.

Does the power line to the battery have a separate fuse? I would check to see.

Comment

No bro it does not have a separate fuse.
      Only The fuses which are on amp are there

Comment

^ also check the wires with a volt meter to make sure there is voltage where there's supposed to be.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Yes todat i also checked the wires for the voltages and there is voltage in every wire like battery terminal has 12V Remote Wire has 5V and ground is also good.

Comment

Unless i'm missing something your remote line should have 12v as well.
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

^yup.

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

Hafza you need a fuse no further then 12 inches from the battery to protect the wire to the amp
                . If you get a short somewhere in the middle it could start a fire and burn your car to the ground.
                It may not fix your amp but it could save your car.

Comment

Sorry to thread jack but I need some Sub help fast. I currently have a Kenwood KDC-X395 HU, with a 1500 watt BOSS Phantom amp pushing 2 12" Kicker Cvr's in a ported box. I just bought 2 15" BOSS Onyx and I am building my own box. These new subs are 4 ohm. If I wire them down to 1 ohm, can i still push them at the same amount of power? My Kickers are rated at 1600 watts max which is what I am pushing them at. The Boss are rated 6k I was going to run them with a 5000 watt Boss Phantom amp. Please help!!

Comment

is the amp 1 ohm stable?

also, you should realise that every time you drop the ohms, you loose some clarity for sheer output. why not just run them at 8 ohms and be done with it?

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

please tell me what should i do.Though i smelled something burning in my amo when it does powered on.

Comment

with the limited diagnosis, it sounds like your amp is cooked-- time for a new one.

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                        X