JBL MS-8 or onboard processing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL MS-8 or onboard processing?

I've got a line on a brand new MS-8 for 400 bucks shipped and I'm not sure which direction I want to go?

I have Seas Lotus RT27F tweets and RW-165/1 woofers. I'm looking for a midrange to pair with it currently. The MS-8 has internal amps and everyone seems to love this thing and it's capabilities. I know a lot of people on here like to do processing on the CarPC but for the price of this, and the price of external amps I'm wondering if this is not a good route?

it's really personal preference..

you need a pc to program the ms8, but at the same time, it shouldn't randomly have issues like carpc's tend to do..

overall, i think after getting the sound processing software and the required sound cards for the pc route, the cost is going to be nearly even, it's really just whatever you prefer.. i like my carpc route because i can do much more then process audio..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Well actually the MS8 would be cheaper as it has internal amps. I would still have the carpc though. I may try the MS8 though just curious if anyone had tried both and what their thoughts are.

Comment

Well, after reading some reviews from people that have experience with active setups using the Bit-One, Imprint, and lots of others after they used the MS-8 for the first time....I think I'm leaning towards the MS-8. I'm not sure if I want to use the internal amps or buy something external though.

Comment

Working...
        X