Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpine KTP-445 in headless setup. Low Volume.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine KTP-445 in headless setup. Low Volume.

This weekend I installed the KTP-445 and plugged the input side into my tablet.
    I'm not able to get much volume out of my speakers and am curious if anyone knows what I did wrong.
    attached is a simple wiring diagram I made.
    Attached Files

I think I figured out what the issue is.
    The KTP-445 is expecting speaker level inputs which my tablet just can't produce.
    I really want to keep it simple and not use a head unit so I guess I need a different amp. Any Recommendations?

Comment

If the amp is really looking for a more amplified input then you could try putting in a line driver between the output of the tablet and the input of the amplifier.

I imagine something like this could do the job:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...io-CL-RLC.html
      2011 Tacoma Nexus 7 App Radio Install

1993 Lincoln town car Carputer Project

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        I am so disappointed by the way this amp situation has transpired that I'm going to ditch it in favor of a completely different amp that does line level input.
        will be posting new thread with questions about my intended setup.
        Thanks again for your input.

Comment

^ nope, he still need's a regular amp..

the most popular option has been 'motorcycle amps' on ebay, though parts-express.com also has started offering a similar model amp. either are quite cheap, and smaller then average amps.
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I bought a Kicker 4 channel AMP Model 11DX200.4. Didn't use the Alpine at all.
            I must say it has by far exceeded my expectations. I am still using the stock junk speakers that came in the car for now. That will be my next project. I will be posting details in the completed project section if anyone else is interested in a headless android tablet project.

Comment

Working...
            X