No announcement yet.

Odd Lack of Signal Recog for Aveo Aux In and Coby MP3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Lack of Signal Recog for Aveo Aux In and Coby MP3

Greetings. I have a 2009 Chevy Aveo LT with a Delco origin al head unit. I recently bought a Coby MP620 player and tried to connect it to the aux input. I also bought a cigarette lighter USB power adapter so that I could run the player with continuous power rather than from its internal battery. But when I powere everything up and try to select the ux input, it refuses to accept the signal, choosing only to display "No CD." Inserting a CD into the player and trying to change only pauses the CD; there's no sound from the MP3 player at all. No, the kicker: when I unplug the Coby from external power, the head unit recognizes the signal and plays the audio. What's causing this and how can I rectify it?

I'd guess some kind of ground loop. Maybe somebody makes an isolated USB power adapter? I found a board on eBay that uses an AT&T MA010A DC-DC converter, sold as "CHARGE your PHONE or Eliminate Noise Problems w Isolated 2 amp USB port".

Otherwise, audio coupling transformers would provide isolation, but you may lose some bass or highs, depending on the quality. One example that should work: Sescom IL-19-MINI 3.5mm Mini I/O Hum Eliminator.