Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my sound configuration..

Hello.
    I'm working on a carpc and I have this soundcard (X-FI Surround 51. Pro SB1095).

My carpc is from the start a netbook, so I must use usb soundcard.
    I want to use this card directly to my amps, but i dont know how much volt the soundcards puts out from all 6 channels.
    I need minimum 2 volt.

My system are like this:
    Front mid speakers - To L/R Front at soundcard
    Front tweeters - To L/R Rear at soundcard
    Subwoofer - To Sub/Center at soundcard

I would also like to tune all this active to set eq, crossover, but i dont know how.
    Please help me! Or how should you set this up? I also have a Alpine PXA-H100, but i dont want to have any car HU, so i dont know if I can use this.

i think you can use the alpine dsp by it's self-- i recommend you use that. your netbook doesn't have enough processing power to run active processing.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

But can I configure the H100 box without Alpine HU? Dont you think 1.6Ghz will work for active?

Comment

The 1.6ghz is not solely dedicated to sound processing. it has to handle the entire OS, you music application and everything that runs in the fore and background AND still do sound processing.
        the processors in netbooks are really designed to be great mutlitaskers

You will need an alipine HU that the processor is compatible with in order to configure it.
        trinybwoy

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

Comment

^ ok i was wrong on that, and it stinks.. such a nice little box..

i know the atom processor won't work for audio processing because i ran one for a little while. you can just barely make it work if you only use the active processing for 3 instances of x-over's, but that's it. any more and it pushes the cpu above 30% usage which causes stuttering audio..
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
          X