More than 1 source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 1 source

These might be stupid questions but I am curious.

1. Has anyone hooked up multiple audio sources in their car to an amp...? LIke 2 different devices with RCA ouput? Dod you use some sort of switch or just do it hook up with spliters?

2. Has anyone ever chanced across a FM/AM Radio that has RCA outs...I mean that's ALL it does?

The visteon and directed hd radios have an rca only output. They do am, fm, and hd radio. I know there is a device in the mp3car store that is supposed to switch 4 different audio inputs into 1 output, but I dont know what front ends it will work with, or if it is manual operation.

Comment

I didn't even think about HD radio...I don't know how much of that we get up here...I wonder if they do FM and AM also

Thanks man

Comment

Yes HD radio's from visteon or directed do am/fm. It's your best choice for a radio. Here is a site with hd stations in your area, http://www.freqseek.com/PA/Wellsboro...-stations.aspx looks like you have 2 in your town but if your close to other cities near by you get lots of choices. SNO
        Last edited by SNOtwistR; 10-27-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I use the directed hd radio here in australia...works a treat for AM/FM..

Comment

Does it uyse its own antenna or the same FM.AM antenna on the car?

Comment

Is uses the same antenna as the car. In fact, it has a built in FM modulator. You don't even have to use the RCA's if you don't want to.

Get Mitch's cable, and one of several front ends will control it (Driveline, RR). There is also a stand-alone app, but that's probably best for testing, not full-time use.

Comment

So if you were to pick one which would you get? I want to be able to have FM back but I want something that if something goed wrong with the car-puter I have a radio also. I so far seem to like the Visteon looks wise.
                But am I just paying for a name ?

Comment

The Visteon and Directed are the same unit just rebranded, so if you like the visteon than you will like the directed unit. Now for having 2 different audio sources is another animal. If only in windows and you want more audio in sources you need Mitch's 4 in 1 box sold on the forum store, if you want to use if carputer is not powered up then you will need this unit which have been discontinued but you should still be able to find one http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=rca-sw2 Good Luck SNO

Comment

OK I need a little help. I bought myself a Visteon HDZ300 - Seem to work great. Here is a problem I ran into...NO volume control. There is not manual...and I can't find one online. Any suggestions for this? I am running directly into my amp with it and I don't have remote volume control in the front so unless I can figure out how to control it in the HD unit I am screwed there. Maybe I can get a volume control for the amp.

Comment

Without it going to a pc line in or mic, or a remote for your amp. your not going to have a way to do it. Your going to need the mitch usb hd cable to be able to control with computer and then use a frontend that supports hd radio. It works very well using that method. SNO

Comment

I second Sno... I just tried it on the computer I have here and this was the case. You can also do a manual volume control between the radio and your amp. You can find those at Radio shack but they are likely to allow you to hear noise at low levels.

Comment

I have 2 ideas....either one of those volume controls...like $15 I have found...OR...I have been thinking about a line driver anyway... can pick those up from about $25-65+

Comment

Have you entertained the idea of using the original hd radio interface..without a pc or a brain connected you cannot do anything with the hd radio.i have the original dash facia display/cables and remote sitting here doing nothing,if you want i can send it to you.just pay the postage.or swap me somthing

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did it come with the dash display,remote and cables? Without a pc or the dash kit its impossible to get it to even turn on or change a station....i have all that sitting in a draw here if you want it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X