Extending Head Unit Faceplate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending Head Unit Faceplate

I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy method of extending the detachable faceplate on a stero. I wish to use the existing double DIN opening for my touchscreen monitor. This leaves me with limited options for relocating the radio. A friend has an Alpine Stereo that I could mount under the rear seat and then possibly run a cable to a surface mount on my dash. I would then be able to control the radio remotely.

Does anyone know of such a radio or anyone that has attempted this. My main worries are that there may be distance limitations with such a setup. I feel confident that I could remove the mounting plate and solder a wire harness onto it that would then be dash mounted. Before I undertake this task I was hoping someone out there has experience or can tell me any reason this wouldnt work.
    Don't Fear The Gurkey
    Click here to check out My Setup

Originally posted by wkolodny
    I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy method of extending the detachable faceplate on a stero. I wish to use the existing double DIN opening for my touchscreen monitor. This leaves me with limited options for relocating the radio. A friend has an Alpine Stereo that I could mount under the rear seat and then possibly run a cable to a surface mount on my dash. I would then be able to control the radio remotely.

Does anyone know of such a radio or anyone that has attempted this. My main worries are that there may be distance limitations with such a setup. I feel confident that I could remove the mounting plate and solder a wire harness onto it that would then be dash mounted. Before I undertake this task I was hoping someone out there has experience or can tell me any reason this wouldnt work.
    I don't know about extending your existing radio, but there are radios that have a separate faceplate, usually it comes as a sunvisor mounted solution. You may want to on the subject.
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

check this link http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...9&page=1&pp=15

Comment

Working...
      X