Car computer sound output?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car computer sound output?

I plan on building a carputer in my BMW 318ti. However, i still have the stock radio in it. I've talked to my friend who installs audio/video equipment in cars and he said to still use my stock radio, but gain 2 auxilary inputs to the stock head unit, I would have to use a line out converter...

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_...s/ISOLATOR.htm

I want to run a cable that will convert the speaker output on the motherboard to rca type cables, and if this thing is what I can use, then I would just plug in those 2 rca cables into the "line out converter" and then it would pass through my stock head unit. I know this may not make much sense but I hope it does, and I hope there is a guru out there that can answer my question. Many thanks.

that adapter converts the speaker output in to low rca outputs
    you don't need that

you need a aux input adaptor for bmw this is a plug that will plug in to the cd changer port of the radio

check here
    www.oemautosound.com

Comment

The computer's headphone jack can easily be converted to RCAs. Get a $5 wire from radio shack to do this.
      Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
      Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
      sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

I dont Recomend the headphone to RCA converter with Cheep radio shack stuff, Might cause engine noise.

Comment

^what do you recommend then? To go from Mini Jack to High level speaker wire?
          Computer:
          COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
          STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

Comment

Radioshack does have a mini to RCA shielded cable that is very nice and thick.
            Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
            512mb DDR333
            Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by Pogi
              I dont Recomend the headphone to RCA converter with Cheep radio shack stuff, Might cause engine noise.
              Works perfectly in my car. Sound could not be any better.
              Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
              Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
              sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
                Works perfectly in my car. Sound could not be any better.
                Just wondering since I have a bose amp is there something that goes from RCA to High level? My amp doesn't have any RCA inputs. Sorry to threadjack.
                Computer:
                COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
                STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

Comment

Working...
                X