Ford hu hack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford hu hack?

I looked over the internet for a schema for hacking an aux-in thru the cd changer port but I can't find any. I did find some comercial cables but they're like 70-100$ a piece, at that price I'd rather buy a head unit. Does anyone know why its so darn expensive and If such a device could be easily built?
    Thanks

dont use a headunit
    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

I'm not sure about the Ford HU, or which model you are talking about exactly... But. I have mazda 6 and lots of 6 and rx8 owners are doing what you're trying to do (mind you US m6 is basically ford built).

The popular route is to get the tape player and just rip it apart, solder a few new cables in and run those as an aux in. Throw a blank tape in so it think's its playing the tape.. and voila. If you're interested i can find the picture guide, i have it somewhere.

Right now, a guy on a rx8 forum is developing a module that will trick the HU into thinking that its an MD player, while giving us full control with our steering wheel controls.
      ----------------------
      VIA Epia II
      256MB 266DDR Ram
      90GB Wester Digital
      Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
      Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
      ----------------------
      Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

I would be interested in the picture guide, could be useful...

Comment

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.ph...light=tape+mod

There ya go.
          ----------------------
          VIA Epia II
          256MB 266DDR Ram
          90GB Wester Digital
          Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
          Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
          ----------------------
          Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

Let me know exactly what year, make, model you have, and what version of the head unit and I *should* be able to come up with a wiring schematic for you, and from there you can decide if you want to hack it. Only cars I cant pull up are non-US sold cars...Ka, Fiesta, ect.
            2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Could you look up a schematic for me as well?

2002 Ford Focus ZTS "Mach" Edition. Visteon series 815 "Mach500" headunit. 6-disc in-dash changer, DIN and 1/2 size.

Its different from the standard 6-disc changer in that is has addtional outputs to run 2 factory installed amps that power a single dual coil 10" sub.

Unfortunately Ford removed the 12-pin external CD changer port on my HU, so no commercially available AUX IN adapter will ever appear :/ I'm currently using a FM modulator for input, but thats hardly the best sollution.

If I can figure out a way to get audio directly into it that would be great!

Comment

Sorry man...they arent very helpful with their semi-aftermarket stuff. These are the only diagrams I could grab on it. It may help a little, but their answer is just that the electronics cant be repaired by us, so we dont need to know what they do. BS! Oh well...hopefully these will do you some good.

BTW....did you have your fuel pump recall done yet? The new ones are WAY better.
                Attached Files
                2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Where'd you get those homeslice?
                  Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                  Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                  sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

I am a Ford technician..I pulled them off the FMC website. It is secured, so I cant get you in, but I am more than willing to grab what you need.
                    2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

could you grab them for a 2003 sport trac with a pioneer 6 disk indash stereo for me?

Comment

Wasnt sure if it was the "Ultimate" system or not so I grabbed all the Sport Trac pages....and Zipped them hope it helps

And yes, Ford does get PI$$ED about giving out literature, but who cares They owe me for having to fix some of the stuff I do hahahaha
                        Attached Files
                        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Gospeed.racer...

I need a set of front lenses for a 96 ford mustang, mine are all hazed over for some reason??
                          Dual Lilliput's 70NP/C/T
                          Syntax SV266AD KT266A
                          AMD Athlon XP 2000
                          Viking 256MB DDR
                          D-Link Wireless 802.11B
                          Seagate 120GB
                          OrbitMicro 250W DC/DC converter
                          SII Wireless Audio Link
                          Digimoto OBD-II
                          Earthmate GPS
                          BU-303 USB GPS
                          D-Link Bluetooth

Comment

Thanx a lot speed racer

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey
                              Gospeed.racer...

I need a set of front lenses for a 96 ford mustang, mine are all hazed over for some reason??
                              They get that way very quickly. I would first recommend just polishing them out. I did mine on my Fox and they turned out nice. if that doesnt work, I can get them but they are very expensive thru ford. I would look to aftermarket. The 5.0 mags have them for i think about $125 for both sides f I remember correctly.

hope the diagrams help guys, just let me know if you need more
                              2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                              X