Audigy2 USB to Amp/Amps question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy2 USB to Amp/Amps question

I am going to be getting my Audigy2 USB soundcard this week and I have some questions regarding the audio out to the Amp....

I am wanting to go without the HU and run the audio out from the SC to the amp. I have 4 speakers in my car, and am considering either 2 x 10" subs or 1 x 12" sub. I know very little about car audio, so if I get a 4 channel amp (for the speakers that I have) and a 2 channel amp for the subs, how do you run the audio from the soundcard to that type setup? I am very confused, but I'd like to have the setup sound decent.
    2000 Monte Carlo SS - CarPC FINALLY INSTALLED!!!

CarPC: VIA EPIA-M10000, Xenarc 700TSV, 20G 2.5" HD, Opus 90W, Targus USB DVD/CD-ROM

Audio: Audigy 2 USB, Alpine 4 Channel Amp, 2 x Alpine 300W 6x9, 2 x Alpine 200W 6.5 (sub coming soon)

unless you are going to be running a 5.1 setup (surround sound) which is only going to benifit when watching DVD's or Divx with AC3 you only need a 5/4/3 amp. or a 4/3 amp

What that means is that the amp can be used as a 5 channel or a 4 channel or with bridging a 3 channel amp. If all you are going to be doing is stereo then all you need is five channels for the 4 speakers up front and one channel for the subs (wether you get the 2 10"s or 1 12")

So the wiring would be as follows.

From the computer would run the USB cable to the Audigy.

From the Audigy would run 1 pair of RCAs to the input on the amp (you might need an adapter for the plug on the Audigy)

From the Amp would run 1 speaker per chanel for the 4 speakers and then run the 1 channel for the subs

Simple setup. All this is assuming you wont be doing 5.1

Good luck
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks a ton!

CarPC: VIA EPIA-M10000, Xenarc 700TSV, 20G 2.5" HD, Opus 90W, Targus USB DVD/CD-ROM

Audio: Audigy 2 USB, Alpine 4 Channel Amp, 2 x Alpine 300W 6x9, 2 x Alpine 200W 6.5 (sub coming soon)

Comment

One more question regarding the Audigy2 USB sc:

How do the people that are using this power it? I am assuming that the USB 2.0 port doesn't supply enough umph to power it.

Thanks

Comment

I got a plug from radioshack and use 5v from my computer's power supply. It works great.

Comment

Originally posted by elmo_eats_rust
            I got a plug from radioshack and use 5v from my computer's power supply. It works great.
            hmm, cool. I'll do a search on it and see if I can dig one up. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X