Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quality sound cards for carputer?

Hello all,

i am in the process of building my carputer but i dont notice too many people talking about a good sound card to use for good mp3/dvd/cd sounding playback.

im no audiophile so my expectations aren't that high but will something like a SBLive (value!) card + decent quality speaker/sub setup put decent quality sound.

i have used SBLive on practically all my homebuilt pcs with a wide range of speakers from cheap Yahoo! speakers to a pretty nice Klipse 2.1 to a high end 2.1 from cambridge, they sound ok i guess but this is my for car and i wouldnt mind having something that sounded nice. not just ok.

but then again im thinking of power consumption for a carputer and my budget as well.

Any and all advice appreciated =D

Thanks,
    Rick

if possible go external- isolate the sound 'card' from the computer. A self powered USB one will be 'low power consumption'

rob
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Try to find one with some really flexible drivers. This way you can tweak it to your speaker setup and your preferences.

I use my motherboard's built in 6 channel audio. It allows me to set the system up for 4 channels for speakers, and two channels for subwoofers. It also allows me to do some tricks with the rear speakers.

External USB self-powered sound cards are also a very good idea. A lot of people get good sound from the Sound Blaster MP3+ cards.
      Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
      Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
      sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Working...
      X