Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help or suggestion about relocating headunit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help or suggestion about relocating headunit.

i have a 1993 nissan maxima and i am going to install a 10.4 touch screen in the dash to use for use in my carputer. however because this thing is huge (takes up about the three dins of space) i will have to relocate the headunit. Has anyone relocated their headunit to another location ie glovebox or center console. If so do you have any links or pointers as to extend the headunit wiring etc or ideas for a more feasible location for the headunit. thanks any help would be appreciated.
    Andoid-car.com
    Home of Android Car Enthusiasts

Originally posted by cyberpotato
    i have a 1993 nissan maxima and i am going to install a 10.4 touch screen in the dash to use for use in my carputer. however because this thing is huge (takes up about the three dins of space) i will have to relocate the headunit. Has anyone relocated their headunit to another location ie glovebox or center console. If so do you have any links or pointers as to extend the headunit wiring etc or ideas for a more feasible location for the headunit. thanks any help would be appreciated.
    See this link:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=face+plate
    Don't Fear The Gurkey
    Click here to check out My Setup

Comment

I did temporarily move my head unit into my glove box. There really isn't much to it if you know how to cut wires. All you would have to cut the wires then stick the same guage(usually 12,14) inline and voila. I did cut a small hole in the back of the glove box to feed the lines through. I wish I could solder or knew someone who could because I'd have the faceplate extended.
      Georgia Area Meet Photos

Comment

I used a harness/extender that I bought at Circuit City (around $50) and trunk mounted my headunit. I don't use it for audio though, only to reset my messages when needed.
        2000 Monte Carlo SS - CarPC FINALLY INSTALLED!!!

CarPC: VIA EPIA-M10000, Xenarc 700TSV, 20G 2.5" HD, Opus 90W, Targus USB DVD/CD-ROM

Audio: Audigy 2 USB, Alpine 4 Channel Amp, 2 x Alpine 300W 6x9, 2 x Alpine 200W 6.5 (sub coming soon)

Comment

Working...
        X