Hooking Up Your PC Sound To Your Car Speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooking Up Your PC Sound To Your Car Speakers

Do Car Decks have a Audio In port so you can hook your PC sound to your car audio speakers through your deck?

Kinda like this...
    PC -- DECK -- Speakers

Is that how it works? Or do you have to get special adapters?

Its called an AUX-IN, some Head Units have it some don't, some need special adapters. What Head Unit are we talking about here?
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Either an Alpine or Pioneer deck.

Comment

Originally posted by DoDaDDy
        Either an Alpine or Pioneer deck.
        For those you may want to do a search, or at least be more specific, is it Alpine or Pioneer and also model numbers would be nice. Most likely they will need a fairly cheap adapter, or if you are into DIY you can find plans on making one.

Either way post a model number of your HU and we'll see what you need.
        Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I haven't decided on which one I wanted yet, but Pioneer sells an adapter with Audio In, and Alpine decks seem to have it already in. I don't want to sound like too much of a noob, but does HU stand for head unit?

Comment

or you could run Headunitless and run PC-->AMP-->Speakers

Or even PC-->Digital Surround Processor-->AMP-->Speakers like me
            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

but does HU stand for head unit?
              Yes.
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

This has been asked WAY too many times. Next time, do a or I will mailbomb you.
                Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

I noticed you had a AMD Athlon XP in your computer, what type of power supply do u use? And do u run it with an inverter? Got any pictures so I can see?

Comment

DAaamn tahts a nice *** setup. Good job man! Also, does your computer turn on and off with your car automatically? Does your battery drain fast?

Where did you learn how to make it in dash, it looks like it was bought with the LCD their. Do you got any websites that will give me tips on making Dashboards like that?

Comment

Some stereos have line-in jacks, but most don't. I use a device called FM Modulator which connects to my car's antenna and sends amplified signal from my PC to my car's radio. Those things cost about $20 online and will work with any stereo. Make sure you buy a wired one. Wireless modulators are crap.
                      00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                      Newest install - my quickest ever
                      My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                      My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Where did you learn how to make it in dash, it looks like it was bought with the LCD their. Do you got any websites that will give me tips on making Dashboards like that?
                        Come on man, he's Batman - he's got a whole cave stuffed with electronics.
                        I bet ya that red batmobile of his can also fly and shoot lasers.
                        00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                        Newest install - my quickest ever
                        My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                        My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Yeah, I was going to get one of those for my iPod. Their pretty cool, but I never seen one in action. Is their any static?

Comment

I use a 250 Watt DC-DC power supply from Orbit Micro. Inverters are evil.
                            Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                            Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                            sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Working...
                            X