• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB FM Modulator? Found one.

http://www.globalpremier.com/fmtransmitter.htm
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

lol, You know it's got to be good when it says "Made in Taiwan=Quality Assurance"
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

It kind of sucks that you can not reposition it. Typically, with my linex, there is a "sweetspot" for the device so that the buzz goes away/etc and signal strength reaches it's highest potential. Granted you could use one of those cigarette lighter extension cables or usb extension cable. I find it weird that they should use a usb port to provide power only...whatever goes I guess.

Comment

Here is the unit I'm using. It is of decent quality... if you position it right

http://www.myfmstation.com/html/linex_usb.html

Comment

well that's a FM transmitter. not a modulator modulator plug inline of the antenna with a real physical connection.

still that device isn't a usb device. it just used USB as the power source. you still plug in via headphone jack.

Comment

Well, if your going to be that techincal about it
            there is no such thing for a PC to car audio antenna, cause no radio card has an adapter for a car audio antenna.
            2011 Nissan Frontier SL
            AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
            OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by dignome
              Here is the unit I'm using. It is of decent quality... if you position it right

http://www.myfmstation.com/html/linex_usb.html

would you say it is standard FM quality ? I have been thinking about picking one of these up because i am satisified with standard FM audio quality. My primary concern is picking up engine noise etc...

Comment

just cause no one has used one doesn't mean it doesn't exist a usb/pci fm modulator device that has an antenna output. man that's gonna be a really niche market hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu
                  lol, You know it's got to be good when it says "Made in Taiwan=Quality Assurance"
                  No joke!! Check out the Engrish too....."1, Turns your Car Stereo to be a MP3 Player ......
                  2, Play MP3 via your car stereo and sounding from car speakers....
                  3, Using RF wireless technology to be a MP3 Transmitter ......
                  4, No more expense on CD or Tape's purchasing ...... "

Think they could have spent a few dollars to have someone translate for them.
                  1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

dodge, the sad thing is. they probably DID pay someone to translate for them. i went to one of my cousin's English class in china. oh man it's not funny. they learn the grammar but whenever they try to speak it on their own, it goes into "think chinese, translate word for word into english" mode. sad part is that the teacher had this heavy *** chinese accent and was telling the student how a word SHOULD be pronounced "listen to me and pronounce it like i do" i was about to say something but decided to keep my americanized mouth shut hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpnstail
                      would you say it is standard FM quality ? I have been thinking about picking one of these up because i am satisified with standard FM audio quality. My primary concern is picking up engine noise etc...
                      Yes, I would say it is of standard FM radio quality. I was watching a dvd with the sound channel using the linex device (sound was of course being downsampled to joint stereo)... the sound quality is quite exceptional for an FM transmitter. As for engine noise I do not know what to tell you there. It is quite possible this could be an issue, although I've had no trouble with that. There is however a low tone buzz that comes and goes if you do not place it in the right spot... this is most likely my *** radios fault. That will happen with the engine off/on so I can not attribute this to engine interference.

Comment

i know this thread is really old but i wanted to let anybody know that there is a good usb fm modulator located at http://www.soundwithoutwires.com

Comment

FM modulators in general will have lousy sound quality.
                          The ones that connect in-line with your car's antenna are better, but still not good.
                          Do you have experience with this particular unit? If so, you should share it in the Review forum.
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
                          X