Turn-on amp POP Stoppers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn-on amp POP Stoppers

After doing a on how to eliminate two pops from my speakers when I turn my car on, I came across two products:
    Stinger's http://www.sfxaudio.com/products/dis...p?ProdId=63361
    and David Navone http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-66A
    Do you know any other solutions, what are you using?
    I have one 4ch amp / 4 speakers. Do I need to get only one item or two (one for each RCA cable)?
    Thanks

I have the david navone and it works quite well

Comment

Gene i believe that you need one per device that causes the popping noise.
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

you only need one...it goes in between the remote wire going to your amp

Comment

errrm i just use a standard switching relay...

ignition wire goes through relay to the remote of amp, and is switched by the computers +12v.. that way it dosent power up till after the sound card has started, and powers down when the ignition does.

tom.

Comment

mutilator,
            I don't know anything about relays, which one would you recomend: SPST or DPDT

Comment

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=275-226
              that one is similarto mine.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Gene you would only need a spst for your amp. How it works it, there is a coil inside and when a voltage goes through the coil, it creates an electromagnet which pulls a little switch inside of the relay. You would run the power from the carputer through the coil and the remote line hooks to the internal switch pins.

Comment

Some amps have a turn on delay that might be a good solution for some, but my system is personally run with the relay technique. Works great.

Comment

I'm going to try the relay first. Where does the remote wire go from the relay? Do I need to tap in into existing remote wire going to the amp from ACC? I must be doing something wrong, everything comes on that way but the two pops are still there. Am I way off on this one? Or, do I go from ACC to the relay and then to the amp (haven't tried this one yet) Here is my setup
                      Attached Files

Comment

the acc line does not go to the amp anymore, you will use the 12V from the relay to trigger the amp.

Comment

OK, so the ACC that used to go to the amp now goes to the relay. Thanks

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You wouldn't need the ACC line going to the relay would you? Can't you just run +12V from the power supply right to the amp's ACC lead? Or does the time it takes the relay to switch make a difference?
                              Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                              Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                              sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Working...
                              X