speaker pop question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker pop question

Ok i have a epia m10000, carnetix psu not head unit and speakers powered by a 300 watt amp. I get a speaker pop right when windows starts. My amp is already powered up but I get the pop right before it goes to the desktop...any suggestions? Other than that my setup works great the sound is unbelievable.
    Now they wanna ban toy guns...AND KEEP THE *****ING REAL ONES?!?!?!?!!!

its cus thre is no siganl to the amp b4 windows starts.. thats when the audio card starts up..

normaly with car amps.. the head deak will switch on and there is a second delay b4 they amp turns on..

to prevent this from happening u need to some how delay the starting of ur amp untill windows has started.. maybe u could use a signal from one of the ports..?
    View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

well the amp is already on delay by the power supply it will start up the pc then the amp

Comment

Barometer,

What sound card are you using? Is it internal or external? If external, how is it powered?
        MikeH

Comment

i'm using a Creative mp3+ its external and its usb powered

Comment

Hmmm...sounds like Windows is initializing the sound card and this is causing the pop. Do me a favor, and count the seconds between when you see power applied to your CarPC and when you hear the pop.

The only other thing I can think of is that your USB port is being powered after Windows starts. Are you using the USB port on the M10000, or are you powering the sound card from some external source?
            MikeH

Comment

ok i'll count the secs and yes I'm using the usb port on the board itself

Comment

I have the same problem. I've been wondering if setting the BIOS to "Non-plug&play OS" might fix this. That setting allegedly controls whether plug&play devices are initialized by the BIOS or OS. Setting it to "Non-plug&play OS" should force the USB ports to be initialized at boot which may make the pop happen at that time instead of when Windows starts. But, I doubt this will work because the pop probably happens when the sound card is activated, not when the USB port is initialized. It's worth a try though.

Comment

I've been wondering if setting the BIOS to "Non-plug&play OS" might fix this
                  Very good idea and worth a try. I'll try changing this and see what happens in my setup.
                  MikeH

Comment

I tried the plug and play bios thing and it doesn't work...i found out it pops when the sound blaster mp3+ is started up by windows...

Comment

Would it help if I extend the delay before DLYON enables your amp?
                      MikeH

Comment

yeah that would probably help but the delay would have to be atleast 30 secs I would think

Comment

From the Carnetix manual. "You may choose to use the CNX-P1260 to turn on power to your auxiliary devices such as audio amplifier, head-unit, or electric antenna. In this way, these devices are powered only when the CNX-P1260 is ON and providing power to your CarPC."
                          You can use the carnetix to delay the power on of your amp to prevent that sound. See the manual here Manual
                          My obligatory progress meter.
                          [|||||||||||||||||||-] = 95%
                          Basic Install done and all bugs fixed.
                          Need: GPS, OBD

Comment

Well, I think Barometer has a different kind of problem. His sound card appears to be intialized by Windows many seconds (30+?) after the CarPC system receives its power. The DLYON signal is meant to deal with the speaker pop that is caused by applying power to your CarPC/sound card at the same time as your audio amp/head unit is powered. There is a 3 second delay on the DLYON line which will not overcome the problem Barometer is running in to. His speaker pop appears to be caused by a software initialization of his sound card. I'm not sure what a good solution would be for this.

Barometer.....can you get sound out of the sound card BEFORE you hear the pop? 30+ seconds seems like a VERY long initialzation time.
                            MikeH

Comment

ok here is what happens.....I flip the switch and the psu powers up and turns on my pc and my screen. Then few seconds later it then power up my amp...no problems here. Ok so now windows starts loading whether I go from fresh startup or resuming from hibernate. At this point my sound card is not initialized. Then right before my desktop shows up windows intializes my sound card and thats when I get the pop. And no the sound card is not powered up before windows starts so I can't get sound out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X