Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get a hu?....need to know ASAP...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a hu?....need to know ASAP...

I have a in-dash 7" lilliput connected to my laptop (in the trunk) and was wondering if I would get better sound quality if I bought a head unit and connected the laptop to the aux input in the head unit and have the sub and components amp connected to head unit. Rather then just running the audio wire from the laptop direct into the amp?

TIA

You either won't notice a difference, or will lose a little bit of the quality if you went with the headunit.

Regardless of the setup, the sound is going to mostly depend on the quality of the sound card. If your laptop has a generic sound card, I think your money would be much better spent on a USB soundblaster or audigy.
    Bruno Speech Recognition - Advanced Speech Recognition designed to control any program. Extra support for FrodoPlayer and Winamp.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkDaMonkMan
      I think your money would be much better spent on a USB soundblaster or audigy.
      Could you recommend a good USB sound card?

Comment

Originally posted by phatrabbitzz
        Could you recommend a good USB sound card?
        He just did "USB soundblaster or audigy"....
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by FunkDaMonkMan
          You either won't notice a difference, or will lose a little bit of the quality if you went with the headunit.
          in my car, I lost a great deal of sound quality when I went directly to the amplifiers from the computer.

When I used an RCA IP-bus adapter, I couldnt tell teh difference between CD's or the computer, qualitywise. Assuming the recording was the same.

I'm not saying this will always be the case, by it was definitely the opposite case from what you've suggested, in my specific vehicle......

edit: I should also clarify I too am using a laptop, and using just the headphone output!

Comment

Working...
          X