Reccomend a FM modulator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomend a FM modulator?

I'm interested in using an FM modulator to get some from my laptop, Any reccomendations on products?

thanks,

c4shm0ney
    01 Metro LSI
    79hp 41MPG Highway
    Check my progress
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51295

Personally i like the dlink dsb-r100, others like the radio xtreme. But i think whatever you get, don't count on perfect reception.

Comment

I think he is referring to a fm transmitter/modulator; the dsbr100 is a fm tuner...Modulators/transmitters are known to be subpar to aux in jacks on headunits or direct connections to amps, but you should be able to go to any car stereo store and get an inline modulator, or you can go to walmart and buy an fm transmitter (does not directly connect to antenna line); both will do the job, and a modulator will work better, but neither will work as well as the direct connections to the hu or amp...

Comment

http://www.myfmstation.com/html/linex_usb.html

Linex USB FM transmitter.

It shows up as 'USB Speakers' on a Windows system. (Don't have to deal with aux-out/line-out, etc.) It's powered off USB. Boss has one and it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kermee
          http://www.myfmstation.com/html/linex_usb.html

Linex USB FM transmitter.

It shows up as 'USB Speakers' on a Windows system. (Don't have to deal with aux-out/line-out, etc.) It's powered off USB. Boss has one and it works great.
          I know these are known for their horrible sound quality, and all but can anyone attest to the quality of this device? Has anyone heard it, and could compare it against other modulators?
          2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
          7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
          80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Thanks guys, I ended up picking up a $19 sf100 "SoundFeeder" from BestBuy and I'm really unhappy with it. The D-LINK DSB-R100 looks promising.
            01 Metro LSI
            79hp 41MPG Highway
            Check my progress
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51295

Comment

I have a Clarion FM200 Fm modulator if you are interested!

Send me a PM

Laz
              01001101010100000011001101000011011000010111001000 1000000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

Comment

I one try to use FM Modulator for aux input to the Apline HU, but the sound quality isn't compare to the tape adapter. So I return it. If your HU can do tape, use tape adapter instead of FM Modulator. Don't get FM transmitter
                In my opinion.
                True aux input (HU capable) 100%
                Tape adapter 80~90%
                FM Modulator 65~85%
                FM Transmitter 0~75%
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

hello

i'm loharisan from malaysia...

i'm new in car computing and i'm glad to share any information with all of you about car electronic system esp. in computer installment and modification inside the car.. and my first question is how many battery did people usually install inside the car to make sure the computer system really works?? and for my peugeot 406 can it carry all this voltage and didn't effect on the batteries like any american and japanese cars?? for your info mtv pimp my ride inspired me to follow all the modi just like all of you being discussing.. that's all..
                  thanks and please make some respond to an amateur like me..

Comment

Working...
                  X