Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for HU+AMP+CarPC audio

Okay, here is the situation:

I have a headunit that goes to 2 channel amp for front speakers, and directly to rear speakers. It also goes to the subwoofer amp.

So i have two sets of rcas, one powering front speakers, one powering sub, and the HU powers the rears on its own.

Enter the new carpc. I'm not sure the best way to tackle this, I obviously want audio from the carpc to go to my speakers somehow. I can get an aux input adaptor and go to the HU and then all speakers are powered, but the thing is my carpc blocks my HU when i have it in, so i wouldn't be able to adjust volume on it.

OR I could plug the carpc directly into my amp. This poses two problems:

1) I have to unplug/replug the lines into the amp to switch from HU to carpc depending on which im using
    2) I'll only get sound to the amp i plug into, ie the 2 front speakers or the sub.

Soooo has anyone experimented with rca splitters? Do they sound like crap?
    Because if I split the signal coming from the carpc i could at least power the front amp and the sub, and maybe even keep the hu plugged in at all times as well...

or does anyone have any other ideas? I've considered getting a single amp to power it all, but thats quite pricey for a quality amp.

I think the simplest and best way to do this would still be like you said first: use an Aux-adaptor.
    You could control your PC's volume: set the HU to a rather high volume level and turn the sound on your pc down at the level you want.
    Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

Currently : Audi A6 - no install

Second install : VW Passat '97 CarPC
    First install : '87 Audi 80 CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by proTONEd
      I think the simplest and best way to do this would still be like you said first: use an Aux-adaptor.
      You could control your PC's volume: set the HU to a rather high volume level and turn the sound on your pc down at the level you want.
      x's two...don't make a mountain out of a mole hill...
      Georgia Area Meet Photos

Comment

yeah i'm just trying to find an aux input that is reasonably priced for my JVC... anyone know of any good places?

Comment

Working...
        X