Can this DAC be used?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this DAC be used?

I was wondering if I could use this DAC to send a good clean signal to my Xtant 3-channel amp from my EPIA Via M10k motherboard? Thanks for any help! http://www.nakamichiusa.com/auto/musicbank/dac_41.htm

~Adam

It seems this is like a "linear" converter, it takes the signal from one digital line to output on one analog line.. twice like that.

On a DAC for the M10k you need a converter that takes one digital input that has the 5.1 signals for all the analog outputs.

Maybe someone can confirm?

Etienne

Comment

Can someone please confirm?

Comment

bump

Comment

You said 3 channel amp. Is that fronts and subwoofer or what?

That DAC seems overkill... I don't think you need 2 in and 2 out. What are you trying to accomplish?

Comment

Yes its fronts and sub...., im not worried about overkill, if It will work thetn its what I will use, I can get one quite cheap, I am looking into sending then absolutely best sound signal from my PC to my amp, and I was told that the SPDIF on my Via M10k was the best way to do this, so I guess the question is, can I hook this DAC to my SPDIF output on my Via M10k Mobo and then hook this Nakamichi DAC to my amp? Thanks for te help!

~Adam

Comment

If you are looking at the one on Ebay that ends in 30 min, look at the DAC-101. It is a better unit - IMHO. There is one with a "Buy It Now" of $80 plus shipping ($15). I would get it, but have a different priority right now.
              1993 Mazda RX7
              Dell Inspiron 8100 (laptop w/docking station)

Comment

Is that a "yes" it will work answer?

Comment

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

If it didn't for some crazy reason, you could easily flip it back around on Ebay.
                  1993 Mazda RX7

Comment

6 min left for you to decide on this one.
                    1993 Mazda RX7

Comment

If that wasn't you that bumped it to $67, don't go any higher, you could get the other one for a little bit more.
                      1993 Mazda RX7

Comment

So what is different about the Nakamichi DAC-101 than the Nakamichi DAC-41? Has anyone ever used one of these in there car for a carputer DAC ?

Comment

Older design, but very well proven to do a good job. I've only used the DAC-41 with the Musicbank stuff.
                          Hell, I'll explain it this way, the guy that just sold the DAC-41 just bought a DAC-101 .... that should simplify it for you .... :-)
                          1993 Mazda RX7

Comment

I cant find any information at all, or any pictures of it, besides the one on ebay, any help? I appreciate your time!

~Adam

Comment

It's a older unit, very simple, but you don't need anything complicated. BTW - you do realize that you won't get 5.1 this way, only convert it to a 2ch analog signal? Also, how do you plan on controlling the volume level?
                              1993 Mazda RX7

Comment

Working...
                              X