Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic CQ-DFX572N

Hi!

I have recently bought a Panasonic (specs in title) Car CD.
    It works really well with audio CDīs and looks great .
    But I have one little problem. The unit is MP3 compatible. The first CD I put in worked great for the 5 first songs. The next song had extreme distortion sounds in it. Like if it was corrrupt or something. I then jumped to the next track and it was ok. This only happpens on some of the tracks that I play. I have tried to check if it has something to do with bitrate but it doesnīt since a 320 may sound bad and a 128 sounds great. And the other way around of course. The problem isnīt in the filesize either. I have played a 12MB track with no problems. I have tried burning the CDīs with Nero, XPīs built in burner and Quickburn. Nothing works better. I canīt find a solution to this in my little newbie head. I tried to google but couldnīt find anything to help me....

pop an epia in there
    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Epia?

Comment

as in the bestest mini-itx motherboard in the world? read up little camper!

Comment

I think the TS has a different expectation of mp3car.com then it really is. This is not a forum primary about mp3 headunits, but about building a PC in a Car to play MP3 (and do much more with it). But maybe somebody can answer his question...

Comment

If this is a carputer forum only then Iīm sorry for posting something wrong.
            I just assumed that someone could have the expertise to answer my question since it has to do with car audio and MP3īs...

Comment

Almost all of us have a computer in our car only, and use it primarily for GPS, DVD, MP3, WiFi, OBD-II, etc...

So we probably won't know the answer to your question. But by any chance have you tried playing variable bitrate mp3s?

Comment

variable bit rate?

Comment

its where at different parts of the song the bitrate is different. i think the encoder program decides if the particular part of the song needs high compression or not. but the bitrate is always changing, like every second. its just another scheme to try to save on filesize without losing quality...

Comment

oh wow, my title is variable bitrate

Comment

Just to be sure...the songs play fine on your computer or mp3 player? I ask because there are songs that are floating around that sound 'scrambled.' I think the RIAA flooded some P2P networks with these.

Comment

The problem is solved! Thx Greyscale for the advice on trying variable bitrate.
                        Itīs gonna take some time to encode all the Mp3s again but.....
                        Thx again!

Comment

np, figured thats what it was

Comment

Working...
                          X