Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcast MP3s from Vehicle...

Aside from the possible legal issues...

Is there any way to hook some device up to a PC, and "stream" the audio to a FM transmitter?

This would allow cars in a given area the possibility to listen to your music...

I'm also looking for a nice range of 500 feet or so... more would be better...

Any ideas?

Here's what you need to buy. Get the FM25B radio kit from Ramsey Electronics:

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi...tion&key=FM25B

This transmitter runs off 12v power, is legal to use, and will transmit a signal about 1000 feet. Ramsey sells them as "kits only" but you can buy them assembled off of eBay for about $20 more.
    Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
    www.11visions.com

Comment

Thanks!
      Pirate radio time.

Love your signature, btw.

Comment

holly ****tttttt.. i cant wait to get paid i am buying this i just want to drive by some old fu3k that call cops on me for no reason.. they listen to 107.7 i know that for sure. i am going to put some music that scares the **** out of them.

Comment

Comment

Imagine the fun you could have with that thing. You could go around brocasting random messages while your driving and freak people out.
            Installed
            Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
            512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
            Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
            [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

That's a damn expensive prank or revenge but I like it, good luck.

Comment

man cant wait till spring break its going to be crazy. driving freaking people out

Comment

I've been thinking about this for so long. I might have to go in on one of these too. It's definitely a project for next summer though.

What kind of antenna does it require?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Assembled version on eBay.

Comment

What if someone is already broadcasting on a frequency? Will it take over?
                      My Install Thread
                      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
                      How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

I would assume so. That's why they don't like pirate radio. The local signal would be stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalerion
                          I would assume so. That's why they don't like pirate radio. The local signal would be stronger.
                          I should had phrased my questions differently. Either way you answered it. I wanted to know if the local station would cut-out. I didn't think it would but from someone the posts it seems that some thought it might. So just like comsumer FM modulators it's best to use a frequency that is locally not being broadcasted on already?
                          My Install Thread
                          digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
                          How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

That depends on your motives...

Personally, I'd love to kill the teeny bopper stations that everyone loves to play and put something interesting on.

Comment

This reminds me of the PA i used to have in my car.
                              oh the fun you could have with this.
                              amd 1700, biostar m7ncg 400, hitachi deskstar 120 8mb , 512 pc2700, liliput 7"
                              now to put it all together

Comment

Working...
                              X