dual AUX head unit??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual AUX head unit??

is there a head unit that supports dual AUX inputs so i can interface my car computer, and my PS-2. so i dont have to install a switch box
    01 blazer, LS1 engine, TR 220/220 cam, vig 3200 stall, 5.3 stage 1.5 ported heads, titanium retainers, APR harden push rods, dual X magnaflow 2.5's

Interior: AutoMeter ultra lite's, panasonic cq8100u, kicker 8" L7's, kenwood 800 amp, PS/2,

cheaper to get switch box. was fine for me.
    When in doubt, moo at things.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmythecow
      cheaper to get switch box. was fine for me.
      Too bad that wasn't his question. The most I've seen is 1 Aux and 1 CD changer input that could be used as another Aux w/ an adapter.
      "I'm a dick!"
      "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

disclaimer: i have no idea if there are dual aux head units

that said.. couldn't you (depending on your sound card) just go from PS2 to line in on the computer ... that should pass the signal straight through on most sound cards i think... thus eliminating the need for dual aux and (i imagine) saving you a bunch of money.
        VIA EPIA 533 MHz
        256 MB RAM
        7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen
        20 gig HD
        Media Engine 2.1.4
        GPS - Earthmate/SA2004
        802.11b Connectivity

Comment

I have a JVC which has an AUX on the front and LINE IN on the back for the CD changer. It requires a $40 adapter to use the LINE IN. If you need the model number let me know and I'll post it. It's about a year old but I've seen them for sale on the net for around $125-$150.

Comment

Sony XA-300
            Auxiliary Input Adapter for Unilink Receivers

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YwQVZZv...&avf=N&search=

Comment

There's also the lame unsafe way... which I use all of the time. Having multiple computers and a single audio system, I just put RCA splitters or 1/4" headphone splitters to connect both inputs... Used to connect my CD changer and computer RCA inputs to my home reciever for awhile... because I wanted to listen to CDs while I was playing games/etc. And connected two computers via 1/4" headphone splitter for awhile as well, back in the days of playing EQ on two computers.

Probably not good for all of the components involved... but it's a solution that doesn't involve switches, changing adapters, etc... Only used with home electronics, though, but it works... will probably introduce some noise, etc.

I would definately recommend going with the line input on sound card approach, but if you are lazy/brave, you might want to try the combination approach...

Comment

or... get a switch box..... like i did....

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyM
                  I have a JVC which has an AUX on the front and LINE IN on the back for the CD changer. It requires a $40 adapter to use the LINE IN. If you need the model number let me know and I'll post it. It's about a year old but I've seen them for sale on the net for around $125-$150.
                  I believe the model number for these HUs:

KD-SH77
                  KD-SH99
                  KD-SH707
                  KD-SH909

JVC doesn't make any of them anymore, but you can still find them on eBay.
                  Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
                  www.11visions.com

Comment

I just ordered that today should get it tomorrow. Because I got XM going though my new sonly HU and want my computer it looks good to cause you just plug your USB cable into it.

Originally posted by lawrence
                    Sony XA-300
                    Auxiliary Input Adapter for Unilink Receivers

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YwQVZZv...&avf=N&search=
                    1990 Jeep Cherokee
                    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

thanks everyone, im going to look into getting one of them JVC HU's, im running out of room in my truck to mount things and i want my installs to look clean, thanks for everyones input,
                      01 blazer, LS1 engine, TR 220/220 cam, vig 3200 stall, 5.3 stage 1.5 ported heads, titanium retainers, APR harden push rods, dual X magnaflow 2.5's

Interior: AutoMeter ultra lite's, panasonic cq8100u, kicker 8" L7's, kenwood 800 amp, PS/2,

Comment

I'm trying to build a digital switchbox, yeah its still a switch box, but when I get done with it, its gonna be inside the head unit, and have a button on my dash. I'm gonna everything off of it, computer, Sirius, eventually radio all into my amp.

Based on a LED chaser circuit, simple but it works. Here's where I started:

Digital Switcher

My way of going headunit-less.
                        2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
                        7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
                        80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

i got my soruce selector yesteray instaled it and its nice bypasing my laptops sound card.

Finally i got a real setup YAY.
                          1990 Jeep Cherokee
                          2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                          2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Comment

PIE (www.pie.net) has a 3 input aux unit (http://www.pie.net/sec14sb3.htm)

from the site...

"The X3 switchable Auxiliary Input Selector accepts three auxiliary input sources with a CD changer present! Now you can switch between auxiliary sources at will! The X3 Auxiliary Input Selector allows the user to add up to three auxiliary input sources, connected directly between the CD changer and Ford, GM, and Chrysler audio systems. The X3 interrupts the audio of the CD changer, switching between three user-selectable RCA level auxiliary sources, and defaults back to the CD changer if desired."

not sure if this will work for you, but I thought I would pass it along just in case.

- Z
                              It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
                              What better place than here? What better time than now?

Comment

Working...
                              X