Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

radioShark am/fm usb adapter with timeshifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • radioShark am/fm usb adapter with timeshifting

    powered over usb. built in antenna. mac and pc. oh frodo oh frodo plugin???

    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/radioshark/

    radioSHARK
    AM/FM Radio with Time Shift Recording
    [ Now Shipping ]


    The radio airwaves will never be safe again. The RadioSHARK adds an AM/FM radio to any Mac or PC — but that’s just the beginning.


    The RadioSHARK can record any AM or FM radio broadcast in real time. You can also program it to record a scheduled show, or to ‘pause’ live radio so you can return right where you left off moments or even hours before (See ‘What is Time-Shift Recording?’ sidebar above).


    RadioSHARK includes a full-featured application that controls all radio and recording functions. Favorite station presets can be set with the click of a mouse, and new stations can be scanned and tuned with ease. The application is also where you program Time-Shift Recording, either to take a break without missing any of a show or to record your favorite broadcast to listen to later.


    The RadioSHARK connects to and is powered by USB. The fin-shaped device acts as an antenna and can be positioned for best reception and recording. Any recorded broadcast can be transferred to an iPod or any other AIFF-compatible digital music player to replay on the go.


    RadioSHARK gives you control of how and when you listen to your favorite radio shows. Dive in today and take a bite out of the airwaves!




    Q&A

    What file format does radioSHARK use to save recordings?
    The radioSHARK will record both AAC and AIFF files on the Mac. You can select which one you would like in the radioSHARK application.


    What type of recording can I do with radioSHARK?
    With the radioSHARK, you can record what you are listening to at the moment by selecting record, or you can set the radioSHARK to record at a specific date and time. The radioSHARK also allows time-shift recording to "pause" live radio, although this recording cannot be saved as a file.


    What is time-shift recording?
    Time-shift recording allows you to pause a live broadcast and return to it moments or hours later and continue where you left off. The audio is not recorded, but kept in a temporary space on the hard drive for playback.
    -Saturn Vue 2004 - designing phase -

  • #2
    Anything we havn't already seen?
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

    Comment


    • #3
      why the hate? its a new product that does am and fm and is compatible with mac and pc and powered over USB sounds quite nice. the only other usa i ever hear about is the linksys and thats only fm.
      -Saturn Vue 2004 - designing phase -

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kickerks80
        why the hate? its a new product that does am and fm and is compatible with mac and pc and powered over USB sounds quite nice. the only other usa i ever hear about is the linksys and thats only fm.
        What hate? If you're interpreting honesty for hate, you're in for a shock, brother.

        Radioshark is a newly released product that's been in development for some time.

        Check the dates on these:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=radioshark
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=radioshark
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=radioshark
        They go back nearly a year.

        That info has been on Griffin's website for at least that long. Frankly, none of us are impressed by your ability to copy/paste from their website.

        But, n00b, if you'd have used the search function, you'd know that you're not contributing anything new.
        E for effort, though.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?



        Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DarquePervert
          Radioshark is a newly released product that's been in development for some time. And the Mac version has been out a while, only the PC version is new.
          I'm afraid you're mistaken, this is the initial release for both Mac and PC.
          Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
          http://hallert.net/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Chairboy
            I'm afraid you're mistaken, this is the initial release for both Mac and PC.
            Corrected.
            Although I do remember seeing a review or something about the radioshark for Mac somewhere.
            I wonder if it was a prototype or something.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?



            Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Where does it say it supports Windows? I had emailed Griffin a few months ago, and they had PLANS for windows, but only mac support at launch, and no release date for Windows.

              EDIT: OK, yes I can read. Nevermind.

              OK, who's the first to buy this and see if it's any better than the D-Link?
              Bush: Proof that humans really did evolve from apes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DarquePervert
                What hate? If you're interpreting honesty for hate, you're in for a shock, brother.

                Radioshark is a newly released product that's been in development for some time.

                Check the dates on these:
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=radioshark
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=radioshark
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ght=radioshark
                They go back nearly a year.

                That info has been on Griffin's website for at least that long. Frankly, none of us are impressed by your ability to copy/paste from their website.

                But, n00b, if you'd have used the search function, you'd know that you're not contributing anything new.
                E for effort, though.
                Good looken out
                -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jpelzer
                  Where does it say it supports Windows? I had emailed Griffin a few months ago, and they had PLANS for windows, but only mac support at launch, and no release date for Windows.

                  EDIT: OK, yes I can read. Nevermind.

                  OK, who's the first to buy this and see if it's any better than the D-Link?


                  I ordered it for my pc 2 days ago... they said a few weeks to ship.... grrr im not that patient of a person
                  -Jack
                  2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
                  Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by antimatter
                    Good looken out
                    I try.
                    We'll get these n00bs whipped into shape in no time!
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?



                    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just talked to them (radioshark) and they will soon be supporting RDS. This is the only reason I am keeping my current HU. Yeaaaa!
                      Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if maybe, there really is something wrong with me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey that is pretty cool. Now if we could only get someone to test one of these in an car environment.

                        BTW nice Avatar
                        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by antimatter
                          BTW nice Avatar
                          You just like anyone with their *** in the air.
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?



                          Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            stop being a Darque Pervert
                            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X